Ltr-16102b

This CDR/W drive came with my compaq computer but when I tried to upgrade the firmware I got from the Lite On website, it said the firmware version that I have is not compatible. Can anyone tell me why?

joripe said:
If its definitely a LiteOn email LiteOn with all details see what they have to say
compaq, SONY ibm, tend to use their own firmware on their brasnd of Liters drives. Still hold 5 I'll B back wit a link 4 you.

See Hunnich ? Thats what the lads on here are like - Rasta's off hunting a link for you. What other site has moderators like this ? :D

Hi back bro I could not find de link I was after, workin from my L/T and not my main pc.
Anywayz is you drive listed as dis:> IBM OEM "IBM P/N 24P3630 if so all I can say is visit IBM.com
Still I'll try later on main pc....Ah silly mi have you checked cdfreaks forum? ;)

Which Lite-on firmware were you trying to upgrade to? If it's a Windows flasher it will not work on the OEM Compaq drive. You will have to flash it in a pure DOS environment using the MTKFLASH utility and the binaries extracted from the EXE file. If you are interested, I can provide links to the utility and already extracted binaries.