Looking for Laptops with 128Mb stand alone memory ATI or nVidia

Hi guys

I am looking for a decent laptop to buy and i've heard about the ati radeon 9600 mobility chip pro that supports 128mb - but i havnt seen any laptop manufacturers taking up on the chip as yet - would anyone know of any?

Doesnt necessary need to be laptops with ati radeon 9600 chips, i would be interested in laptops that use nvidia to go chips too if they come with 128 mb of video memory (not shared of course).

I would appreciate it if you could refer me to the make and model numbers - thanks (web page link would be great too). :)

Thanks for now.
Shadey

Last edited:
Shadey, Check out this press release.

ATI’s MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9600 family now available in 37 leading-edge notebooks

Multiple award-winning mobile DirectX™ 9 VPUs deliver astonishing DX9 performance levels in notebooks from Actebis, Alienware, Apple, Eurocom, Fujitsu, Fujitsu-Siemens, Gateway, Gericom, HP, Hypersonic, IBM, Medion, Multivision, Packard Bell, Prostar, Sager, and VoodooPC

Friday November 14, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARKHAM, ON – Delivering the mobile graphics industry’s most powerful combination of innovative technologies and revolutionary performance levels, the MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9600 family of mobile VPUs (visual processor units) from ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY, NASDAQ:ATYT) is now available in 37 cutting-edge notebooks from 17 of the world’s top PC manufacturers.

The multiple award-winning MOBILITY RADEON 9600 and MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO are the world’s first mobile graphics processors to ship with hardware support for the richest DirectX™ 9.0 feature set and version 2.0 programmable pixel and vertex shaders, which are required for dramatic, true-to-life cinematic special effects. The MOBILITY RADEON 9600 and MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO mobile VPUs deliver up to five times the performance of the fastest competing mobile graphics processors, according to recent press reviews1 , and are the first and only mobile graphics solutions to support HDTV component output, for an incredibly realistic visual experience. The MOBILITY™ FireGL™ T2 mobile workstation processor delivers unmatched performance in key industry-standard benchmarks such as the Viewperf 3dsmax-02 and proe-02 test suites.

“We are extremely proud of the unprecedented market acceptance, awards and enthusiastic reviews received by the MOBILITY RADEON 9600 family of mobile VPUs,” said David Cummings, Director of Marketing, Mobile Products, ATI Technologies, Inc. “MOBILITY RADEON 9600 processors continue to be chosen by our customers for 2004 performance and mainstream consumer and commercial notebook designs, even against unannounced next-generation competing solutions.”

Systems featuring the MOBILITY RADEON 9600, MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Pro and MOBILITY FireGL T2 include:

Actebis
Targa Visionary XP-2
Targa Visionary XP-10
Alienware
Area 51-M Series
Apple
Powerbook G4 15”
Powerbook G4 17”
Eurocom
D800P Dream Machine
D500P Monte Carlo
D470V ImpressaV
Fujitsu
FMV-BIBLIO NH
Fujitsu-Siemens
AMILO D 1840
Gateway
M675 Series
Gericom
Blockbuster
Overdose
Hummer
HP
HP Compaq mobile workstation nw8000
HP Compaq business notebook nc8000
HP Compaq business notebook nc6000
Hypersonic
AVIATOR GX8
AVIATOR GX6
AVIATOR NX6
AVIATOR ZX7
AVIATOR AX6
IBM
Thinkpad T41p
Thinkpad R50p
Medion
MD-40653 VAD2000
Multivision
Solus 1030
Packard Bell
Easy Note M7 Series
ProStar
Sager
Voodoo PC
Envy M:460
Envy M:600
Envy M:855

whoooooooah shadey mate nice to see ya about again bud :)

not got a clue on this one but anyhooo blane has provided ample info methinks :)

Cheers !

Thanks Blane - that article was really useful - thanks for posting it. :)
Though it looks as if i need to wait a bit longer because the ATI 9600 laptops havnt arrived in Hong Kong yet :mad:

Cheers Viper - Read PM :cool: