Liteonit have unleased the LVD 2002 DVD Player

The LVD 2002 is the best ever dvd player to hit the market! It looks nice and only 58mm in height. But there are far more things lurking inside this player, such as the ability too support playback of divx and xvid on a cd, no more having to convert to svcd etc. It doesn't stop there, go and have a read on the 110% LEGAL link at the bottom of this post

This is the only dvd player on the market worth purchasing has all the video and sound outputs you could wish for.

Only one flaw but nothing you can't bypass and that is the lack of a scart output.

But it more than makes up for this with s-video, Composite Video and component video outputs.

When it released I will buy one

It replaces its previous model the LVD 2001

http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/lvd_2002.htm

Greetz The Diplomat :D

This is the only dvd player on the market worth purchasing has all the video and sound outputs you could wish for.
Only one flaw but nothing you can't bypass and that is the lack of a scart output.
The above two comments dont collate +
The LVD 2002 is the best ever dvd player to hit the market!
I presume this is your opinion certainly not a fact the Kiss players are no doubt as good or better!!!

I positively love my LVD-2001... but I can't really tell what the difference is between the 2001 and the 2002. Except for the region comment (which makes me think they may have plugged the region-free hole).

Does anyone know the differences?

The-poacher said:
The above two comments dont collate +

I presume this is your opinion certainly not a fact the Kiss players are no doubt as good or better!!!
WOW at double the price and then some I would hope so.:eek: :cool:
KISS DVD Players
For now for me I'll be happy with my poineer DV-C503 or my APEX AD-5131. :cool:

& I love my cheapo LG & JVC but I dont think they are the best & I would love a Kiss but at their prices No way

anyway its all a matter of opinion but I reckon why pay big money unless what U want is top quality playback of DVD's on an expensive Home movie system.

VIPER_1069 said:
No english/USA prices yet then bleh :(
For the record the new model looks cosmetically better than it sibling, they have obv improved on the remote as this was a major gripe with all peeps(quote remote sucks)

Had an addy from my source regarding the new model and here it is.

LVD 2001 replaced

Hi xxxxx(identity withheld). ;)

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have been looking at sourcing this model for approximately a week now. We hope to find a supply soon. As soon as we do, we will put them up on the website to order. :cool:

Kind regards,

Matt.

SVP Communications
Unit 9, Torbay Business Park,
Woodview Road, Paignton TQ4 7HP
0870 787 5251 or fax 01803 555 480
www.svp.co.uk - sales@svp.co.uk

Greets Da Diplomat :D

Hope that is of some help for yah Viper and any other member. I have given you the url, go and read just how good the sibling is, and the user comments.

There was only one person out of loads that gave it a review and he moaned about something which didnt bother anyone else. You always get one and I hope his gives up the ghost :p

mulderfox said:
This model differs from the 2001 by the memory card reader, and the design.
aside from that, for what I can see, it's the same.

for me its great. I don't need the card reader, and the player costs 115.8 USD..
(http://www.thenerds.net/productpage.asp?d=6&pn=LVD2002&s=0)

Real Bang for the Buck.. :)

Cheers!
Been lookin` for a suitable `home`player 4 some time.I`ve looked very closely at the Liteon2001.Wonder if the price of the 2001 will go down once SVP (or anyone else) gets the 2002 in the UK? Why would you want a 2002 over a 2001 anyway? Judging by the official Liteon info, the 2002`s not even multi-region! Anyways,it seems a good price from "the nerds",but they don`t ship internationally! :( Even if they did-the shipping to the UK would be at least $50 if you`re lucky,then there`s the extra UK Customs charges,VAT etc.on top of that.(£39 value limit-then you start paying!)You`d end up paying as much (or even more!)as you would in the UK! Never import pricy hardware-it`s really not worth it unless it`s an amazingly low price.Software`s not too bad though....

Last edited:

sunfy8

xvid

Can the lvd-2002 be able to play the xvid files? Can't find any info under the specification section.

Thanks

Intercept said:
The LVD 2002 is the best ever dvd player to hit the market!
( :confused: :D )Yeah,right...
Intercept said:
It looks nice
.... :eek: :confused: LOL!
Intercept said:
But there are far more things lurking inside this player, such as the ability too support playback of divx and xvid on a cd, no more having to convert to svcd etc.
:D So has the one that VIPER and I own....

Intercept said:
This is the only dvd player on the market worth purchasing
:confused: :D :D Errr...no..
Intercept said:
has all the video and sound outputs you could wish for.
The one that VIPER and I own has....

Intercept said:
Ours has... :p :p :D
Intercept said:
But it more than makes up for this with s-video, Composite Video and component video output.
So has ours...And you can also play files straight off the CD/DVD-no need for mastering assuming disc has been created using ISO/UDF 1.02 (allows 10-12 hours of video on a single disc!!! :D :D :D )
Also possible to create non-authored DVD discs (just VOB`s) and they will play!!!! :p :p :D

Nah,read my post instead m8 and it`s cheaper than the Kiss and the Liteon and much better lookin`...WHY PAY MORE...? You know it makes sense.. :D

Last edited:
The Kiss is still the king, although it's fairly simple as an idea: An ordinary Toshiba DVD-ROM for computers as transport, plus some hacked electronics. Cheap hardware with clever impementation and a Danish (read: expensive...) price.
I would not really consider it, but I've seen one working, and it works flawlessly...

scarecrow said:
The Kiss is still the king, although it's fairly simple as an idea: An ordinary Toshiba DVD-ROM for computers as transport, plus some hacked electronics. Cheap hardware with clever impementation and a Danish (read: expensive...) price.
I would not really consider it, but I've seen one working, and it works flawlessly...
Yup-and so does mine-but at a fraction of the Kiss`s price... :)

I don't see why the big deal about the Kiss. My Liteon plays everything I throw at it, and it does it well. The new firmware finally fixed the last missing piece, DIVX 3 files. Now it does DVD, SVCD, VCD, MP3, WMF, OGG, MPG, DIVX3, DIVX4, DIVX5 and XVID. What else does the Kiss do?

aybesea said:
I don't see why the big deal about the Kiss. My Liteon plays everything I throw at it, and it does it well. The new firmware finally fixed the last missing piece, DIVX 3 files. Now it does DVD, SVCD, VCD, MP3, WMF, OGG, MPG, DIVX3, DIVX4, DIVX5 and XVID. What else does the Kiss do?
Yeah,but my Umax/Yamada DVX-6100 does all those a/v formats and also plays everything I throw at it and does it well.And DIVX 3 was standard from the start.The latest firmware upgrade just solved a few minor niggles-I had the choice of all three players and I went for the best value..the great support (It`s got the might of UMAX behind it),the features,the looks,and most of all-the price.. :D :p

plextorman said:
Yeah,but my Umax/Yamada DVX-6100 does all those a/v formats and also plays everything I throw at it and does it well.And DIVX 3 was standard from the start.The latest firmware upgrade just solved a few minor niggles-I had the choice of all three players and I went for the best value..the great support (It`s got the might of UMAX behind it),the features,the looks,and most of all-the price.. :D :p
That's cool plextorman, and you didn't pay the price of a Kiss unit to do it. So what I'm really wondering is why everyone keeps touting the Kiss so highly? I mean, what EXACTLY does it have going for it that the Liteon and UMAX units don't?

aybesea said:
That's cool plextorman, and you didn't pay the price of a Kiss unit to do it. So what I'm really wondering is why everyone keeps touting the Kiss so highly? I mean, what EXACTLY does it have going for it that the Liteon and UMAX units don't?
I dunno,but it seems that nobody really searches around for alternatives to anything anymore.Also the Kiss is Scandanavian-their products all suffer from overpricing.And also people seem to be very nervous about purchasing items from a company they`ve never heard of.Maybe mine would be selling many more units if it was badged under the name of its real backers-UMAX! But after all- even a giant amongst companies-Sony-were unknown once!!! I`m not saying my player is superior(-it`s their equal-)to the other two-but it`s most definitely
better value!!! :p

Last edited: