Liteon Dvd

Anyone have an idea when the LTD 165 is released as the demand for the LTD163 far outways the supply (in UK).

Laz

bertieg said:
Anyone have an idea when the LTD 165 is released as the demand for the LTD163 far outways the supply (in UK).
No idea whwn it's launched m8, but ebuyer.com always seem to have plenty at around £50 with the VAT.

so whats the difference between the these drives 163, 163D, 165 (ignoring the region free capabilities for the moment, are there other differences in capability . . . . . . . . . . . . .)

. . . . .how does the LTD-163 differ from the LTD-163D

and other than the no need for hack/mod (r1211) region free capabilities, how does the LTD-165 differ from the 163's ?

does the r1211 thingy - work for both 163 and 163D or just one of them?

- - - - - -

with regrads to the 163 and region free - I got mix responses from resellers in London,

1. some adamently claim that it is 100% region free without need of hacks (and i dont believe them).

@roadworker
when you mentioned the r1211 - are you talking about a hack that modifies the firmware? so without using r1211, does the 163's work with DVD region killer ?

2. some say it is region free and the firmware allows 5 changes in region setting, after the 5th change it supposedly locks.

and If it does lock - can you use region killer with it?

sorry for all these questions - i just want to find out more before i buy it

Last edited:
Why not look 4 threads back in this very forum?

Don't know when LTD 165 is released, - only know I found one here in Thailand 4 days ago.

Why don't you search the forum? Look at the thread dated 24.02.2002. A good link provided there which can answer all the quistions about 163 / 163D + all the needed firmware to make them region free. And it works perfectly. Just flashed one 163D today. No problem at all. (Quite good for a newbie ahhh...)
:D