Liteon dvd burners

Liteon have announced that they plan to make dvd burners.They will suport both -/+rw formats.As usual the price will be cheaper that its competition.:)

Yep - I can't complain about my Lite-on CD burners so I think I might wait for their version of the DVD burner before I take the plunge.

Any idea on a release date?

Lite-on is planning to release a DVD recorder that supports both DVD+RW and DVD-RW, and according to the company hopefully at 4x, for less then 200 USD in the second quarter of 2003.

The company has decided to release a drive with the currently two fighting formats, DVD+RW and DVD-RW, and is competing with the latest drives from Sony and NEC, who also offer both formats, but still at a much higher price. Also the current experiences with Lite-On CD-RW drives make this upcoming DVD recorder probably one of the most anticipated drives of 2003.

"To confirm, the DVDRW product we will have, will support both +/- formats and we hope to introduce a 4x speed DVDRW below $200 USD" according to the Marketing Manager of Lite-On USA.

Thank for turning the "Light-on" for me Blane. :)
(All abuse should be directed to my Pm for that sick one!)

I don't know if I can wait until 2nd quarter of next year though. I can already hear all those beautiful DVDs calling my name from my local DVD rental store. I can't hold out much longer....ahhhhhh!!!!

sushi1

overclockers

Hi There
I am a newbie here and this is my first post just wanted to let you know I purchased my Lite On DVD +- from overclockers at a couple of pence under a £100 the only problem is now ive got I have to work out how to use it

I hope this doesnt class as advertising and I havent upset anyone

Hello Sushi,

Welcome to the forum :)

First thing I recommend that you do is to flash the firmware in your new Lite-on DVD burner. The older firmware has a number of compatability issues that are fixed by the new firmware. You can find the firmware here:

http://www.liteon.com/prod/getProduct.do?cid=1_7_6&xml_id=4_2&menu_id=4_2_7

Secondly, if you have a look at this secion of DVDRbase, it might point you in the right direction with regards to burning:

http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104