since discs work fine on my yamaha 16x10x40 2100e

cheers

thanks in advance

media are infiniti professionals

rated to 20x

but they do work to 24x on other cdr yamaha 3200

quote from website

" Infiniti™ 80min 10 box
Premium quality, protective coated · Silver/blue · 80min / 730mb (700mb data) capacity · 20x compatible · 10 jewel cased discs per pack "

http://www.medeainternational.com/acatalog/Infiniti_CD.html

think cdrw has newest firmware only few months old and did last time i looked

dx

Sad to say your CDR media is suspect. Infiniti usually rebrands Ritek media and Ritek is infamous for its poor media quality.

WHO says it can be burned at 24x on a Yammie 3200???

Slow it down to 16x or 8x and check it for C1 and C2 errors in Nero CD Speed.

Latest firmware for your drive is VS08 (released in October). Chances are you have an older firmware. Upgrade it for greater media compatability.
http://www.liteonit.com.tw/english/index-english.htm

dx

So you burned the exact same content on your "wife's" burner and yours...using the exact same progams?

If I was you, I would use Nero CD Speed and check for C1 and C2 errors (you know what these are right?!) as I bet you have them. ;)

NEVER burn CDRs AT or ABOVE their speed rating, despite the fact that it seemed to work. It just leads to too many write/read errors (pops and ticks) in the media.

I seriously doubt it's your LiteOn. Otherwise ALL your burns would have these errors...and since you didn't mention it ;)

Again, Ritek CDR media is well known for C1 and C2 errors. Avoid them like the plague!

only used it the one since it done that i had loads of work to do on it and needed one that worked all time

so put yamie 2100 back in but going to test agin soon when i have more time

so first and last disc was that one