Liteon 163

I have SuSE Linux 8.0 installed and it's running fine.The problem that I have is that the system recognizes the Liteon 163 dvd drive perfectly, but for some reason it isn't being recognised by rhe recording software as a reader, which makes on the fly copying impossble. Has anyone encountered this problem and has been able to solve it?
The recording software I'm trying to use are: KOnCD and KreateCD
If you know of any other software that might work, I'd like to give those a try too.

Poko, thanks for your input. I'll be very busy over the week-end, but I'll mull over your info, and will try your suggestions on Monday. I guess I'll hit the manuals as well as you suggested. If I run into any problems I'll come hollering again as usual.

I also had Mandrake 9 installed for a couple of days, but decided I liked the SuSE better. I didn't have any major problems, but just didn't like the feel of it. I'll probably try it again next year when I have more time on my hands.

BTW, I managed to find a PCI hardware modem that works well with my system. It's the US Robotics Model USR5610B. It connects at 50.6 Kbps.

Rgrds:D