lite on and safe disc

ive just odered a liteon 48-12-48 and wondering if it can do safe disc 2

if not can a yamaha 2300 or a yamaha 2100 or a yamaha 8x4x16

:)

any info would be fine thanks

go with the liteon. they are currently the best at sd2. those yamaha drives you mentioned might do it but would need 'amplify weak sectors' or such.

I'm sure this has been answered numerous times, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Can the Lite-On 'cut through' SD2 and allow you to play those titles without the clone thing in the taskbar? IE: can you run the cd's in other cd-roms, such as a friends', etc?

2. Is amplify weak sectors ever needed? I'm pretty sure you answered that, but I want to verify..

I am considering getting a new burner.. my PlexWriter 12/4/32 is just not cutting it anymore..

Can anyone offer me some good suggestions? I'm assuming Lite-On is THE burner to buy, but I wanted to hear some opinions if anyone has any?

Thanx..

Okay bud...The Liteon's above 24X are the ones to buy.

Asus 40X and up can also do working backups of SD2.AWS is not needed,or should be used for these writers.The games will install/run the same as the original.

BUT ,stay tuned...Safedisc2 protection has been updated on some new games.People are (supposedly)having problems,even with the Liteons,and Asus.

yes, it seems that the protection people are working overtime lately. new versions of sd2 and the new securom new. not to mention some of the other hideous protections out there.

still, the liteon is the way to go at the moment. not just for protections but they really are good solid burners. i've had my 24102b since soon after they came out and i've burned HUNDREDS of cds, sometimes 40 or 50 in a row, and it still works like when it was brand new. (actually better, newer firmware)

Hmmmmmmm.. well I'm still using a 12X and I'm sure you can see how much of a pain that is.. hehe

I will have to pick one up.. so ANY Liteon above 24X is good? Kewl.. I'll have to go look around now..

yes, the 24102b is excellent. and if you get either a 32125w or a 40125w, either one can be safely overclocked to a 48x. i've done it. only the models ending in '125w though.