Lite On 40x and 48x burner

Does Lite On40x and 48x burner can do what 24102b can do? Has anyone tested these two burner? I know the Lity 48 is very new I don't have much information about it. Can anyone tell me before I get one!:)

Hi bud.There is a review at the link provided.I'm sure this drive will still do game protections.

h**p://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=131

That should give you some information to make a decision.;)

dx

Re: I Also Review The 40x LiteOn.

joripe said:
Dont know what the 24x can do but the 40x is just Awesome
had it a couple of weeks now - Love it - burned everything I have thrown at it so far. It works fine as a reader too but it cant read some Audio protected CD's (allegedly) but I have not been able to try this.
There's no technical stuff in this review - just a happy buyer/user.:cool:
The word "allegedly" is correct. I too am a happy owner of Lite-On 40x (firmware VS0J rocks!). I have copied Key2audio disks several times without any problems. There have been several posting (here and elsewhere) claiming that this drive will not do audio protections. The post is usually followed by, "buy my Plextor 40x will do it." It's like they are trying to stick it to us Lite-On 40x owners. I guess thay are just mad because they spent about $70 more and yet the Lite-On is higher rated in most reviews. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I still love Plextor. I own one (8432). But this my Plextor is better than your Lite-On, is starting to wear a little thin. My attitude is...pick one and be happy with it as hey are both good drives.

Lite On 40x & 48x burners

Just checked the sites u guys have mentioned in this post. Unfortunately it only tell you most of the features and performance It didn't say whether it can do SD2, Securom 2 or even some others new protections. I know the Lite On 24102b can do some of them and I have one too. I just wanted to buy the 48x because it's so fast and it is the fastest CD writer in the market today. Therefore, I just wanted to make sure if this is similar to its brother 24102b or even the 40x. Then I definetely getting one. Anyway, thanks for your advice guys.:D

dx

Re: Lite On 40x & 48x burners

gamesfanatic said:
Just checked the sites u guys have mentioned in this post. Unfortunately it only tell you most of the features and performance It didn't say whether it can do SD2, Securom 2 or even some others new protections. I know the Lite On 24102b can do some of them and I have one too. I just wanted to buy the 48x because it's so fast and it is the fastest CD writer in the market today. Therefore, I just wanted to make sure if this is similar to its brother 24102b or even the 40x. Then I definetely getting one. Anyway, thanks for your advice guys.:D
From personal experience, it does the lastest SafeDisc 2 just fine in CloneCD...NO AWS neecessary. It does Key2audio just fine in EAC.

Dunno about Securom 2, I have not copied any of these yet. Perhaps someone else has?!

I have a 40x and have made perfect copies of MOH:AA (cdilla safedisc 2 protected) with CloneCD, CD Mate, FantomCD and Blindwrite.

dx

roadworker said:
I have a LiteOn 40/12/5W,overclocked to a 48/12/5W and it does safedisk 2.51.xx = M.O.H.(original cd's!) without problems.....When you use Isobuster,it extracts also Key2Audio(latest Celine Dion cd) when firmware VS02.bin is used...NOT with firmware VS04 or VS06!!!.....@ the moment ,I am trying it with C.D.S. 200......still no succes...:(
Roadworker...I tried the same thing with my 401248S and found overclocking this drive does indeed make it faster (only a few seconds though), but it causes some problems with copying (like Key2Audio). I went back to 40x firmware VSOJ and I'm copying everything just fine again.

Lite-On just released a new flash for the 401248W...this might solve your problems.

BTW, as I said before...I only use EAC with Key2Audio. Works just fine...although sometimes I have to restart EAC a second time (with disc in drive) for it to identify it properly.

dx

roadworker said:
TNX for the info,buddy.....:)
I will experiment with mtkflash when I have some spare time,although it isn't really needed that the Litey can do audioprotections(Ultraplex owner :D),it would be some nice extra ......
Did you try it with C.D.S. too?
No problem for the info. :D

C.D.S.? Sorry, I guess I'm being daft as to what the acromyn is for. Copy protection?...game?...app?...

dx

roadworker said:
C.D.S.=Cactus Data Shield....:D
Silly me ;) Sadly I do not have any of these copy protested disks. There are some at the Lite-On section of cdrfreaks forum (_http://forum.cdfreaks.com/) who claim it will work. And the following review at gotapex.com (_http://www.gotapex.com/reviews.php?rev=40x/p2.html) claims that the 40x Lite-On will do this protection (with More Fast and Furious Sountrack). I have heard complaints that this is a difficult copy protection though.

@gamesfanatic (a little update)
Your Lite-On CAN'T handle the following copy protections: Tagès, CD-Cops, and Star Force (but no other writers can handle these copy protections either so I'm discovering). For audio protections its a little more complex. Key2Audio seems work with the right Lite-On firmware and software. Cactus Data Shield was just mentioned above. Plextor's are reported to do a better job with audio protections, BTW (especially the UltraPlex 40X SCSI CD-ROM drive!) .

So yes, Securom 2 should copy just fine with the 40x & 48x Lite-On's and the right software. Check out the Lite-On section of cdfreaks.com forum for more info.

dx

@roadworker (a little update)

According to OC-Freak (Admin and all around nice guy at forum.cdfreaks.com) tests with protected audio...

========================================
Lite-On and protected audio:

CDS100: no
CDS200: no
Key2audio v1: ?
Key2audio v2: no
Key2audio v3: Yes

Most discs by sony music 2002 is key2audio version 3 and can be read by Lite-On.

LTR-32123S and newer should be able to do key2audio v3 with some programs.
========================================

The Sony Key2Audio protected disks I have copied (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones amd Celine Dion's latest) are most likely version 3 but could be version 1.

Some people are claiming to have successfully copied C.D.S. with Lite-On 40x & 48x and the right firmware. But it is not verified. Check out the forum for more info.

I have a Litey LTR 40125W

Hello.

I am a newbie, and I find this forum, and the people in this forum to be a great help. Its fantastic to see fellow computer junkies helping each other!

Anyway. Ive just bought a Lite-on LTR-40125W. And also bought CloneCD 4.0.1.9.

Just wondering if the writer I bought is good for most protections on games and audio cds. Also, is the version of CCD I have the best software, or are there better ones available? And also, the `W` in 40125W.... what does that mean?? I notice some drives have `S` instead of `W`. Which is better?

S

Shoebedobedoo

Anyone tried to copy the latest SecuROM *new* cd protection found on Warcraft III& Neverwinter Nights? I've read at CD Freaks Forum LiteOn users are having their troubles with this game. I do know the Asus 40x& 48x drive can cut safedisc 2.5.021& SecuROM *new* because I just bought the Asus 40x and lovin' it!

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

S

Shoebedobedoo

Actually it is in the settings (CloneCD) shdaow. To copy Warcraft III read option check read subchannel audio& data and check regenerate data sectors. Some are having success with this as LiteOn reader, some not. If that don't work, then you try your DVD/CD-Rom. Yes it is very important the firmware is updated:D:D:D

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

@BigLunn

The S models of the 40X Liteon use Z-CLV for a writing strategy.The W models use P-CAV as the write strategy.

Z-CLV writes in zones (obviously)eg.. 16X>20>24>32>40 speed.
P-CAV writes with a smooth transition...Say, starting at 20X and progressing smoothly to 40X.

The S models may be firmware changed to P-CAV with a firmware upgrade(but not 100% sure on this).

Hope that helps.;)

dx

woody said:
@BigLunn

The S models of the 40X Liteon use Z-CLV for a writing strategy.The W models use P-CAV as the write strategy.

Z-CLV writes in zones (obviously)eg.. 16X>20>24>32>40 speed.
P-CAV writes with a smooth transition...Say, starting at 20X and progressing smoothly to 40X.

The S models may be firmware changed to P-CAV with a firmware upgrade(but not 100% sure on this).

Hope that helps.;)
Yes, any 401248S firmware starting with ZS0J gives P-CAV. It's actually been proven that the only thing different from 401248S and W models is the "letter" and firmware. The internal hardware is the same including the Mediatek chipset. The firmwares are completely compatable.

I have flashed back and forth between the S and W firmwares with no problems. However, I now stick with the S firmware VS0K as it seems to give the best compatability. :cool: