Linux programs

Ok next week I'm getting my hands on a hard drive so I can install and play about Lindows and other Linux OS's.

What I want to know is:

a)Whats the BEST antivirus software I can get for Linux?, I understand McAfee does a Linux version.

b)Whats the BEST firewall software out there as I have a broadband connection and need great protection.

c)Can I run my windows apps in Linux ?, I have certain programs I want to use so whats the BEST solution for this.

d)Can I play some of my PC games on Linux?

It seems loads of people rant and rave about how great Linux is but if I can't do any of the above then whats the point?.

Anti-Virus = Personal Preference, I like fprot. Free for Linux and very powerful.

Firewall = Most distributions carry Firewall RPMs in the installation. Just choose one that you like from the install package.

Running PC softs from Linux = You can, but it will cost you. To run PC softs you will need a program like Wine or even better, win4lin. win4lin is the most functional, but pretty hefty on the price. I'm not sure on the procedure with Lindows.

Running PC games from Linux = You can play PC games, see above. Or you can wait for a Linux port (ie NWN, Unreal, etc.)