Linking Movies in DVDLab??

Blackcaese

In DVDLab it is very simple to add links. I have authorized 2 Movies in DVDLab, both of them are consist of 2 mpegs.

The first movie I just clicked the add draw link button and made a link from movie 1 (mpeg 1)to movie 2 (mpeg 2). When watching the movie the transition went smooth with no interruption, automatically jump to next movie (mpeg 2).

The second movie was linked the same way. At the end of movie 1 (first mpeg)the movie would stop and I would have to press the skip button on my converter to continue to the next portion (second mpeg).

Why does one run smooth and the other forces me to press the skip button to proceed??

Blackcaese

That is exactly what I did. An arrow is shown displaying the connection from movie 1 to movie 2.

I did the same with both Movies I authorized but only the 1 of them play continuous the other I have to press the skip button.

I learned my procedure from the help Tut in DVDLab.

Is there a difference between clicking on the draw link button and drawing connection and right clicking as you said?

I dont think so !? should be the same thing !? in connections as per poachers statement link movie one to two right click the 1st movie and choose draw connection and then drag the line across to the part two and let go it should have a single line joining the two together :)

then when part one ends part two plays :)

Blackcaese

That is what I thought, I just have press the skip button to go to the next movie I shouldn't have to do that.

Strange it worked fine for one movie but not the next. :confused:

I really like DVDLab for authorizing, if this problem becomes consistent are there better authouring programs?

Blackcaese

Do you know any other reason why it wouldn't play in sequence?

My first Movie did the second one didn't. I am 100% positive I put link I tried it on my DVDRW twice.

My first movie was original NTSC the second one I had to convert it with TMPGEncPlus to NTSC.

Could that have an effect on the linking???

maby you need to change the properties to PAL if you have PAL mpgs and to NTSC if you have NTSC mpgs ... does it report an error before compiling that warns you if its PAL or NTSC ?! :)

by any chance are they both different ..i.e. one PAL one NTSC ?!

Blackcaese

No, they are both converted NTSC mpegs. I don't get any error messages in DVDLab and the properties are set to NTSC.

I will compile the mpegs over again and see what happens.

You also quoted for the first combo that worked that movie 1 was an mpeg1 and linked to a mpeg2.

The second combo that didnt work, you just list both as mpeg files, what exactly are they and are they different in styte to the first that did work?

Blackcaese

Sorry, I meant mpeg #1 and mpeg #2 they are both the same style of file.

To eliminate the linking problem in DVDLAB I merged my original 2 mpegs with TMPGEnc. I found that after I merged the 2 mpegs the audio was out of sync by about .05 seconds.

If I Demuxed this out of sync merged file and converted the audio with BeSweet and then converted the video with TMPGEnc.

Will my final NTSC mpeg be out of sync?? or does the file have to be in sync before converstion??

Joining mpegs (are they MPEG1 or MPEG2 ? ) with TMPGEnc seams to aways give you a/v sync problems. Have a look at using MPEG2VCR (www.womble.com for demo) The problem lies with they were not cut properly in the first place. TMPGEnc has a habit of doing that.