LG GSA4082B cd problem

paul newman

I have a LG GSA4082B dvdmulti drive and use nero express 6 and clone cd 4.2.0.2. It will burn dvds fine but when I try to burn a music cdr it burns it but will only play in certain players. If I burn a cdrw it fails and comes up with tracking error. I have set the nero to burn cdr and rw but no good.
The dvd burner is updated to firmware A206.
It will burn bootable cdrs ok but not rws.
The cdrs and rws are not compatible in LG's handbook. Will this make a difference?
Also if I use nero 5.5.8.7. I cannot adjust the menu off of image recorder cdr/cdrw.
Can any one please help.. :confused:

paul newman said:
but when I try to burn a music cdr it burns it but will only play in certain players. ... The cdrs and rws are not compatible in LG's handbook. Will this make a difference?
in general: try burning at 8x speed and use quality media (e.g. Intenso or Verbatim);
however they won't play at every CD player, because every one has it's own dye/layer favor; some will work with silver shining media, some prefer Azo (blue) media, some like "short strategy" media and others are compatible with "long strategy" only;

Also if I use nero 5.5.8.7. I cannot adjust the menu off of image recorder cdr/cdrw. Can any one please help.. :confused:
i can't find your drive at their compatibility list: http://www.ahead.de/en/632012038142166.php?manu=LG+/+Goldstar&lang=en

Greetings from
Duracell