LG GCE-8320B (32x10x40) overclocked to LG GCE-8400B (40x) !!!!

Tja nicht nur die Lite-Ons können es nein dieser LG auch .
Vielleicht ist es sogar so wie bei den CPU Herstellern das die von aussen einen Pentium4 1,8 Ghz haben aber innendrin steckt ein 2,2 oder 2,4 GHz sprich es wird runtergetaktet und die volle Leistung wird nicht erreicht. Z.B. wie bei den Brennern von Lite-On die man ja auch mit der *richtigen* Firmware updaten kann und dann erst die echte Geschwindigkeit zum vorschein kommt.
Hier ein Auszug von CDFreaks =

LG GCE-8320B (32x10x40) overclocked to LG GCE-8400B (40x)
Posted information on how to overclock the LG GCE-8320B, a 32x Z-CLV drive, to a LG GCE-8400B, a 40x P-CAV drive. He used the firmware of a newer drive on his older drive and it seems he succeeded:
I did my own test, My test CDRW drive is a LG (HLDS) GCE-8320B (orginally flashed with 1.02 firmware). First I have updated to the 1.04 firmware of the same model, because I wanted something more from it.
I also started looking for overclock tests on this drive but found nothing interesting, then I decided to try flash it with LG GCE-8400B (40x12x40) (P-CAV) firmware. Because the flashing utility Je4.exe for the LG GCE-8400B didn't want to flash it, I have used Je3.exe (comes from 8320B firmware) and with the je4lg401.hex firmware file, flashing was sucessful.
First I checked it in the bios, it was like real 40x , great, also WinXP detected it correctly as a LG GCE-8400B , then I checked the info at CloneCD, Nero, Nero CD Speed and it was detected exactly like I dreamed.
First I have checked for reading errors/speed, no errors and all read tests were 100% good !Time to burn something, but I didn't have any 40x supported blank CD-R's, so I was unable to do 40x tests , today is sunday and there are no shops close to me, so decided to burn on my current blank CD's that support only 24x, however I noticed a that it burned at P-CAV mode, so seems like it works as it should, will do 40x tests tomorrow, however it seems now that it will work without difference to original 40x , started thinking now how many burners can be upgraded by new model firmware. LiteOn was no exception!

Cool oder ?:)

Last edited: