lame encoder no windows

Hi
I use Easy cd extractor and lame how an external encoder
is there a command line to run lame.exe in backround without see the windows shell?

Your best bet is to switch to the DLL version of the LAME encoder - I believe there is a patched verion around that maps some of the quality settings to presets - try www.hydrogenaudio.org - it should be in their "recommended compiles".

If you use presets, of course - preset integration in the DLL version was only extended to the VBR presets.

Not sure though, if the current 3.96.1 build maps everyting to presets wherever possible.

Lame executable is much more customizable (and slower) and I do know that EAC has this option (F9/tools/do not open external compressor window).
What is that "Easy cd extractor"? A new brand of candy? :p
Finally, you do NOT need any patched version of Lame .dll to apply the --alt-preset settings- they are supported in all 3.9X versions- at least the semi-official Kutsanov builds, as well as most others (Lame developing team issues just the code, and no binaries at all).
The shaping and filtering "presets" should not be considered as presets at all.

Last edited:
thanks mates
i use dll and the extreme preset

but in easy cd extractor i can't set up in the dll the extreme preset, what can i do is run the lame external encoder

i wish to hide the lame windows shell

"What is that "Easy cd extractor"? A new brand of candy? " :D :D :D :D :D

sometime ago I thought it was a big ****, but i notice is great for coping audio protected cd and scratched cds , give to it a try :D

Mantra said:
sometime ago I thought it was a big ****, but i notice is great for coping audio protected cd and scratched cds , give to it a try :D
You were absolutely right! :p
As for myself, 1. I have kept an old EAC copy (the one not "adjusted" to the new german laws) so I can use it just in case, and b. I have a Plextor Premium and Plextools, so whenever EAC fails I have a perfect and easy solution...

sorry for S**T

" I have kept an old EAC copy"
can u tell me the version ?

I have an asus 500 sony crx140 & lite-on (old model) and both work great
they don't see the protection ! :D :D :D :D

I have a plextor 52w writer and reader and both don't display the right number of songs ( upgrade both the firm!)
the reader (40x) makes my clicks
I can listen with a marantz & densen !!!

Mantra said:
" I have kept an old EAC copy"
can u tell me the version ?
0.95 prebeta3 is the last "fullblown" version... but installing it if you've already run a newer version requires some registry cleaning.

Mantra said:
I have an asus 500 sony crx140 & lite-on (old model) and both work great
they don't see the protection ! :D :D :D :D
Had both of them in the past- the Sony as HP 9210 (SCSI) and HP9100 (IDE). Both are useless for protected audio.

Mantra said:
I have a plextor 52w writer and reader and both don't display the right number of songs ( upgrade both the firm!)
the reader (40x) makes my clicks
I can listen with a marantz & densen !!!
Don't know about the burner, but the Ultraplex40 reads all audio protections perfectly well. Just use the EAC "toc alterations" menu, or of course Plextools.
If you hear clicks, then either use burst ripping mode, or disable C2 features completely.

Last edited:
If it supports the standard LAME DLL versions, you can get LAME DLL's that are locked to a preset - including one that is locked to EXTREME.
are u sure?
if i use these dll , audiograbber for example encoder only in extreme version?

There is another "John33" hacked version, which maps q settings to presets...
But I can't find it!
I downloaded the one I thought it was, but could find any description of the mapping.

As I understand it, those specific "rarewares" compiles will encode using the specified preset, no options - the q to preset mapping was a better idea.