Kerio Personal Firewall settings

After reading the numerous posts in this forum I decided to change my firewall from ZoneAlarm Pro to Kerio Personal Firewall. However, since I have never used a rules-based firewall before I don't really know if I'm configuring it the right way. For example one of my rules for IE is "Connect from any local port to any remote address to remote port 80". Is this correct? Could anyone provide me with examples of rules for other programs, such as ICQ, mIRC, FlashGet, WinMX, Winamp etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

A good FAQ on Kerio...check it out...

h**p://www.dslreports.com/faq/security/2.5.1.+Kerio+and+pre-v3.0+Tiny+PFW

it's really not all that complicated. To give you the fast answer:
whenever something from your PC tries to connect out, you just have to know what it is & if you want to allow it (then you allow or deny/block). This works also if some other PC or site wants to connect to you.
Then adding rules is just more for apps you want to allow, but want to block a certain port or tcp/ip or something from it.
Like my cuteFTP pro 2. I block it's main website only (so they can't cancel my cracked version).
That basically it by rules. Just gets complicated if you don't know what tcp/ip & ports & other stuff are.