Kerio or Sygate?

Ive been using Kerio for some time now and think its great, but ive heard alot of good about Sygate, so im currently using and testing the latest version. Just wondering which you guys prefer?

Do a "search" on sygate.....................there's plenty there for you to make a decision.....................

I used to use Zone alarm, but I was completely disappointed. full of bugs, crashed my system all the time, didn't release ports, which meant I couldn't restart servers without restarting windows. now I am using sygate pro and I am satisified, it works fine, is user friendly, easy to use. don't know about system resources, I use pentium 3 550 and no problem here, so I don't think system resources is a big problem

dx

Like Poko I am using Kerio 3 beta 2 under WinXP. I feel it is a great improvement over an already great product. I am having no problems whatsoever with it and in fact like many of the new features in ver 3 beta 2. As Poko mentioned, there are some who are having issues with it, which seem to vary from user to user. But for most it there are no issues. One of the biggest bitches I've seen is a conflict with Norton AV...big suprise Norton AV likes to conflict with losts of other proggies too ;)

Sygate is also worthy...it is what I used to use before going wirth Kerio. But it is indeed more of a resourse hog and the pro version is much better than the free version...(Edit by RASTABT)

So scaz69...if you like Kerio, why bother switching?! It is better than Sygate in my opinion as well...and it's Free! Give version 3 beta 2 a try!

Does someone know if Sygate works already with Fast User Switch of XP. I remember that they said it's under progess.

Any idea? Kerio 3 is very nice, already tested. Since developers switched from Tiny to Kerio, what about the new Tiny PF3, still good?

Thanks
Raist

P.S. After having switched from Norton PF to Kerio (Norton is a RAM killer and causes conflicts with Trillian), I'm looking for a good AV that needs not so much system-resources like norton. F-Secure is very good, but since it uses 3 engines, it's using even more RAM than NOrton, scanner much slower:(

I prefer Sygate but have also tried Kerio. As already mentioned, both are superb Firewalls and it comes down to a preference whether you prefer a Rules or Application Based Firewall (Kerio/Sygate respectively).

A point to remember is that if either are not configured properly you may as well not use anything - I've seen many offices that think they are protected but in effect the FW is just using some RAM and doing nothing else......

Oldy

Sygate use more than its share of system ressources while Kerio use very little. If you're in the "I want my system back!" category, the choice is clear.

The newest kerio beta version 3.0 b2 has expired in my pc, I didn't see at kerio main site beta any section, any new realeased. And the last official version is the 2.1.4.

Tiny Personal Firewall v3.08 is posted on acedown.org.

Not sure if it's the new official release or another (expired) Beta.

Oldy

I had some xp problems so I decided to make a restore, after that a kerio message appears about the expiration time becouse it was a beta version. Don't know really what trigger that, but this message was real, and made by kerio staff to be activated at any time of usuage or at any date. Dont know, but that's not a bad idea to mail at kerio, but for now I'm using again sygate that works fine too.

Just want to say a big thanks to all of you. I'll keep Sygate running for now, but may switch back. As i just said, thanks, this is what makes this a good place to be.

Firewall

LookNstop,SurfSecret and Outpost are great firewalls and they have very good testreports!:eek: :D

Grtx The Postman:D

Use your strength wisely my son!

Thanks Postman, ive used outpost before but did not get on with it, but i will take a look at the other two.

Cheers.

I run look'n'stop 2.03 on XP and not one hiccup. Seems to be pretty good at stopping just about everything inbound and outbound. Small footprint too.