Kazaa Incomplete DivX Movie Downloads

Hi

Could anyone please give me some advise regarding using KAZAA to download Movie Files I have only recently started using a Broadband connection and have
Installed Kazaa. Some of the DivX Movie downloads have not completely finished
Downloading stopping short by the last 5 Meg or so. The file sizes are around the 700mb when the file stops coming down it stops being visible in the Kazaa traffic
browser but exists in the shared Kazaa folder as a 16 or so Digit Referanced DAT file
of around 700mb.When the file is downloading you can play the film with the Kazaa
AVI Preview or Theater Player Viewer Ok so I know the file is the correct film.
I have tried stopping and starting the kazaa software and exporting the file to another
Computer in the shared kazaa folder and trying to continue the download but the file is not visible on the other machine.Ialso tried playing the DAT file in WinDVD but because the file is not complete the header must be missing the file will not play.

Thank you for any help

Ratman..

Of course the movie you are downloading is one that you already own and you are just trying to save the time of backing it up yourself. Right???

serjer said:
dunno how 2 help u but i think u're violating the forum rulz :(.....any admins can confirm this ? ;)

Not violating the rules yet..could be tv episodes for all I know. ;)

Ratman: "Some of the DivX Movie downloads have not completely finished".

Come on Woody. If it was me you would have closed the thread and gave me a written warning. I think that he is just trying to save the time of backing up a legally owned copy of a movie by downloading one of the many "backup" copies available on kazaa.

Nunyobiznes said:
Ratman: "Some of the DivX Movie downloads have not completely finished".

Come on Woody. If it was me you would have closed the thread and gave me a written warning. I think that he is just trying to save the time of backing up a legally owned copy of a movie by downloading one of the many "backup" copies available on kazaa.
You brought it on yourself Nunyobiznes.

I give people the benefit of the doubt usually.You like to poke fun at our rules.Or maybe I just don't understand your sense of humour.

woody said:
You like to poke fun at our rules.Or maybe I just don't understand your sense of humour.

I have a sarcastic sense of humor. What some people would call a smart-ass attitude. And I poke fun at everything. I have never been rude or vulgar. I only make the obvious clear to all. Enough about me though. One way to avoid downloading incomplete movies is to compare the file sizes of all the files available. If one seems really different then that should be a clue.