Just bought MSI DRA4. Any newbie info?

Hi all,

Just bought myself an MSI DRA4 for £117 Sterling.
Speeds 4x DVD+-R / 2.4x DVD+-RW
CD-R Speeds 24/10/40 (pretty good I thought)
8meg Buffer

From what I can see on MSI's website its new on the market, came with Powerdvd 4, Nero v5 and Sonic MyDvD v4

In Windows its detected as an ATAPI DR4.

So i'd just like a few opinions on what i've bought and if anyone knows whether its a re-badged drive.

Oh yeah, I bought a spindle of 25 Mirror 4x -R discs and 10 eProformance 4x +R
just gonna test a few burns (fingers crossed)

Any info would be great thanks,

Spk.

hey hello Spakker welcome to the forum :)

a little advise here is ....before you start ....i would advise ...buy a DVDRW and make some PRACTICE BURNS :)

This is good advice i give to any newbie with either a DVDRW burner or a CDRW burner as it saves money in the long term usage and less of a headache if it all goes wrong :)

Reason being you can simply ERASE and start again! :)

Then when confident that its all going smoothly and the DVDRW plays fine in all players etc etc then you can go for that all important Burn to your precious WRITE once media :)

There are loads of interesting posts here and threads on the subject of DVD burning ... both DVD-r and DVD+r :)

Follow Chickenmans Excellent tutorials By the word and you cannot go wrong :)

Also check out LAZ's EXCELLENT freeware guide to burning dvds with FREE tools :)

Finally Enjoy your stay and have a look around and feel free to ask questions on whatever you need to know :)

Thank You for the welcome.
MSI (cheapskates) didnt provide any blank media, but I can get a DVDRW tomorrow sure enough.

Just tried Laz's freeware dvd backup guide (in at the deep end!) and it worked a treat, good work Laz.

I'll peruse the other guides on offer now.

Thanks again,

Spk.

:)

Excellent :)

Thats what we like to hear :)

Im sure LAZ will pass by here and comment too :)

Great that you don't have to spend a fortune on Software to get a good result too :)

Laz

Glad you like the guide Spakker and welcome to the forum too. :)

A new one should be out soon once dvdshrink releases the next version.