Jerky Playback

cakeman

Hi All
Recently I've converted a couple of AVI's using CM's brilliant guide but have experienced jerky playback. I've followed the guide to the letter and never had any probs until recently. I haven't ticked the NTSC to PAL box and the original AVI's play fine in WMP. The media I'm using aren't a prob and as I've burnt many a AVi onto these with no probs and the muxed file is also jerky. Any ideas?

So the muxed mpg file plays jerky on the PC as well ? Hmmm.... can you post an image of what GSPOT has to say about the AVI please.

cakeman

Hi CM sorry for the delay in replying. After messing about with different AV progs the other night, my PC became infected with the Torvel.B virus so I've been trying to save my pc but had to reformat. Anyway I've reinstalled everything including DVD2SVCD but a different version (1.2.2 build 1). I've tried one of the AVI's I had a problem with and lo & behold it now works! Can't really understand that but it's sorted.
Cheers anyway CM

Jola

Hi

I'm having the same problem. Up to now haven't experienced this and have converted a different avi but this was ok. As Cakeman, plays ok on the pc. Here's my Gspot report.
Be nice to fix it as it has a great resolution.

Thx
Jola

Attachments

Not quite sure of your problem Jola, as Cakeman's encoded mpg played jerky on the PC. But your saying it plays fine, or are you refering to the AVI ?

GSPOT reports its a pretty standard PAL AVI using Xvid with AC3 audio.

If the avi play jerky then I would suggest you have the wrong/old Xvid codec installed. Uninstall what ever you have and install the latest one from http://www.koepi.org/ as I say in the Tutorial.

Jola

The avi plays o but the encoded mpeg plays jerky. For the sake of it I authored it in DVDLab any way but it was still jerky.

Thx
Jola

Like I said, check out your Xvid codec and make sure you have the latest installed from the link above. Uninstall any previous versions you have and any Codec Paks before installing. DVD2SVCD simply does NOT make jerky encodes (assuming you selected default settings or those I have in my Tute), it the codec, your player (what are you using to play the mpg?) or other outside influence (like virus's) thats causing the problem.