Iso Image Of My Hdd

Hiya folks... need a little advice here.... is it at all possible to create an ISO image of my HDD and fit it on to one CDR disk (HDD is about 5GB). i am asking this as i have a CD which has an 8 in 1 installation of an O/S (No names here) (just to keep things above board for the forum)... be grateful if anyone could enlighten me as to what software was actually used to create this certain nameless cd that i have...

thanx in advance...

iso

many thanx for the reply.. point noted, was just wondering if it could be done....
once again many thanx

Many of the files would be duplicated, and mapped onto one, instead of being repeated - an advantage unlikely to be possible with any random data set.

Not sure if MKISOFS can produce those aliases - I can't think of any consumer CD-R program which can.

If your data set will not fit onto one CD, then you need to combine compression and/or multiple media - if you have the space to create intermediate archives, some compression programs can create arbitrarily sized archive volumes (sized to fit a CD)