is there any way to split a big movie onto 2 disc?

stedyedy

is there any way to backup my home movies which is about an 8 gig big file onto 2 disc to maintain 100% video quality ?

Fulminant

use DVD Shrink, it will fit it, also movie it shows as 8 gig, but in reality "productions" add some stuff there to make it 8 gig but thou the movie is less then 4 they add stuff such as extra "garbage" let me say "not videos" the only reason they add 'garabage" is because they dont want their DVD's being copied to 4gig DVD-R's etc....when the 8 gig DVD's will be released ,you will see that new Released DVD's will be 16 or more gig's in size and that will have nothign to do with the movie quality..

Nicknaks

Bought a DVD RW a few days ago. Used DVD X Rescue to backup to HD and used Clone DVD to write. Clone create it as Mpeg2 and write it back to a 4.7 gb + DVD R. DVD done is about 4.6 gb and all files are still there including the extras.

Well I guess you don't have any menu's or anything? Just some sort of MPEG2 file? Try MPEG2cut, cut the file in half and then just author each seperatly.

stedyedy said:
is there any way to backup my home movies which is about an 8 gig big file onto 2 disc to maintain 100% video quality ?
What form is your 8gig file, is it an AVI or is it an MPG2 file or neither of these ?