Is DVD Decrypter required with DVD Shrink?

Moretunes

I have ripped all my DVD's with DVD Shrink 3.1 and burned with Nero 6 to Memorex 4X DVD+R using HP DVD300E. Re-author is sometimes used. I have never needed DVD Decrypter although I do have it installed. Is DVD Decrypter needed or does DVD Shrink do everything Decrypter can? Or does DVD Shrink use Decrypter behind the sceens like it does when burning with Nero automatically?

:p dvdschrink doe's it all mate...no need for dvd decrypter...because decrypter put the who'll dvd on your hd only..ofcouse regio free an macrovision free...but dvdschrink doe's it all for you..and if you have the latest version? than you can burn it easly to a dvdr...he's burning with the nero drivers...hope it works for you....hjc :D

Moretunes

Thank you. That's what I needed. Now the only problem is that it takes over 2.5 hours. I confirmed I'm recording at 4X DVD+R Memorex to HP DVD300E but it takes a very long time. Running XP Pro Pentium 4 1.6Ghz 512 MB RAM. I think I need to invest in an internal drive. Or get USB 2.0 at least.

KCWolfman

I am sure the n00b questions get old, but here goes anyway.

I downloaded dvdshrink and I get the following message when I attempt to copy:

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

skot24

sorry !! but I am clueless !!!

Hello out there, I am a complete novice who wishes to copy some dvd movies and I am bamboozled with all the technical jargon !! I am running windows 98 2nd edition with a fairly slow processor,I have Nero express downloaded and I have in D drive atapi 12XDVD-ROM and in E drive NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A
I know that I will require Nero 6 or Roxio but am not at all sure just what is required as regards DVD Shrink and decrypting tools I would be really grateful to anyone who would email me with a simple ( and I mean simple ) list of instructions that I can follow step by step , as being an old guy I have to deal with things in that manner !! :( :( :(

Hoping to hear from some young guy with a sympathetic heart

Regards skot24

shrink is fine untill it encounters a tricky disk and then it fails as above image shows ... in this case its more reliable to use decrypter to rip the disk first :)

im quite a newb at dvdr backing up but im also a long term reader / mod at this forum and know from reading all the articles there is to know on dvd burning and the art of ripping the disks in the first place before processing that its HIGHLY recommended to use DECRYPTER even though shrink is capable of ripping the disk it tends to fall over at the slightest hint of a heavy protected original :(

skot24

Thanks for your comments. but it still does,nt really help me as there are so many conflicting opinions even on this site !! I am looking , I guess, for a simple ,detailed step by step guide just how to copy my dvd movies !! PLEASE can any one help me, all comments gratfully received

Skot24 I would be glad to help you , just email me....... :)

It would help if you had your email visible in your options so as someone could contact you.........

Last edited:
@mudruner some people do not like to publicly share often private email addresses :)

its not a requirement of this board to have it displayed in your profile that way its more secure :)

we find it much better to answer as many questions here in the open forum as the information can then be shared between anyone and everyone as reference material :)

skot24 said:
Hello out there, I am a complete novice who wishes to copy some dvd movies and I am bamboozled with all the technical jargon !! I am running windows 98 2nd edition with a fairly slow processor,I have Nero express downloaded and I have in D drive atapi 12XDVD-ROM and in E drive NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A
I know that I will require Nero 6 or Roxio but am not at all sure just what is required as regards DVD Shrink and decrypting tools I would be really grateful to anyone who would email me with a simple ( and I mean simple ) list of instructions that I can follow step by step , as being an old guy I have to deal with things in that manner !! :( :( :(

Hoping to hear from some young guy with a sympathetic heart

Regards skot24
@VIPER_1069 .....I fully understand where you are coming from but I was just replying to a request for some personal help by Email as requested by skot24........

skot24............. PM me