Iomega dual DVD±R/DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Hey guys and gals. Anybody hear anything good or bad about these drives?
www.iomega.com/na/products/product_detail.jsp;IomegaProdComSession=1Z6Ud2JMDAMoRsSTBsj7qaZjLx8ZjYZOUXHzT5mGAZf2qQAOp4FB!881977437!-1817048987!7005!7002?PRODUCT<>prd_id=8065909&FOLDER<>folder_id=6981345&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=63191&bmUID=1058667157037

It's available in my area for about $270-290USD.
I'd like to get my own DVD burner instead of using the one at my old office (because I hate having to take an hours drive just to use it lol)

PS
That's about all I want to spend on one. Cheaper would be better lol, and I can wait probably 'till august sometime. Other models available for the same price or cheaper are:
LG GMA-4020B Multi 2x
Asus DRW-0402P 4x

Medium is availble here now at a descent price so that's why it's a good time for me to invest in one now.
Anyhow, any help would be great.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi bud..the Iomegas are rebadged.Hard to tell what that one is.Not A Sony because they have 24X Cdr writing.Could be a Pioneer, or NEC,most likely.Too bad the tray is open.Would like to get a better view of the faceplate. ;)

excellent!
That link woody has another link to a review of this iomega drive compared to the TDK & Sony drives and it's just as good as the TDK (which was rated best one) but just doesn't look as pretty as TDK's ;).

The Pioneer A05 & 105 are available here but they cost a good $90+ more here. I think I'll wait until the end of the month or mid august and see if more drives available or if prices go down. Otherwise looks like my new drive.

Arigato woody-san! lol

Shadoe,one thing to keep in mind.Iomega could switch brands after a while.They have done it before.So just be careful.Try to look at the bare drive if you can.Don't want you to get burned,Bro! ;)