introduction, just joined

I'm here to learn how to backup my dvd and vhs/svhs movie library, especially as the tapes are degrading over time.

I'm completely new at this, just bought my first CDRW drive, made some backups of my cds to play in the car. No video experience at all. Interestingly enough, I bought a Sony 48x/24x/48x cdrw drive, only to find out that it was maunfactured by a company called Lite-On.. What kinda world is this turning into?

I live in sunny Orlando, FL. My interests are God, women (at times, conflicting interests), real estate investment, American history, 1965-1970 american muscle cars, politics, computers, talk radio, and an occasional glass of wine or straight whiskey, depending on the occasion...

Well, thats my intro. Any help you all can provide will be mucho appreciated. Thanks

SYSTEM DETAILS: Athlon 550, Asus k7v, 512 mb pc133, WD 20 gb running XP Pro (hope this is fast enough to make dvd backups)

Last edited:
newbie97

Welcome to the forum
Have Fun >> any problems check out the tutorials or use the search button >> in fact if U do a search on "LiteOn"U will find many threads,most of them favourable LiteOns are very good Burners.
What U have is whats called a "rebadger" >> very common in the burner (& other components) market manufacturers buy in bulk & rebadge the unit with their own Logo (In this case Sony)

:cool: ;) :) :D

Hey, I used to be 'newbie92', and then one spring I molted, and it turned-out I was a beautiful swan after all. [;) -- hellooo....]

Welcome to the forum bud!!You should find lots of help here.;)

I see you like musclecars too.I just sold my Dodge Challenger.I have a '67 Barracuda(formula S) fastback, waiting for restoration in my garage.:)