It's time again for a new Version!
here's the changelog :
Code:
a - added
f - fixed
r - removed
c - changed
n - note

V1.4.1 letting the cat out of the bag...

a - Support for 8.0.0.255 of InstantCopy

a - 'Donation' link to the '?' menu!
    InstantCopy Hidden Settings Editor was, is, and will stay a FREEWare Tool,
    but if you appreciate it, and want to support its future development, you
    can use this link to DONATE an amount of YOUR choice which YOU find
    appropriate. 

a - Expression of thoughts...

a - 8.0.0.255 to IC Version History

c - portions of the code that switches between IC7 & IC8 Layout, giving it a
    little Performance tweak

r - the lock that preventet InstantCopy Hidden Settings Editor to save the 
    settings to the registry if it detected the illegally released Beta
    Version of InstantCopy 8

n - this lock was intended as a wake up call! 
    The release of the Beta Version to public seriously hurted the development
    of InstantCopy 8, for example IC8 might already have a VIDEO_TS Folder
    output option, if that beta hadnt had leaked to public!

Remember a software worth using, usally is worth buying aswell!
    Support the Developers, so they can give you the best product possible!
I will not explain any whys and for what reasons, or argue with any1 bout why 1.4.0 interduced the lock to disable the leaked beta! Nor why this lock has now been removed again!

Just for the book, i still disagree with the spreading and usage of non public beta software, since it seriously hurts development progress and its again
the same ppl that start to complain of unfinished software thats released :mad:

This version will work with any IC8, no matter where its origins are, without any limitations again!

'nuff said

EZMD

betatester
Thanks for your work with this one. I haven't looked at this for some time but I do appreciate your work on this tool. Once I get IC8 going I'll have a look at this again.

Laz

Psychotourist said:
Thanks, TMG!

And donation forthcoming too!
Hey bud, seen you over at Doom 9 forums quite a bit and may I welcome you on behalf of the dvdrbase.com team to our humble forum.

Nice to see you here! :)

GezusK

I know you said you wouldn't discuss it, but I have to ask how a leak beta hurts the development process? Do they just decide..."well, darn it, a beta is out, guess we'll stop where we are and release it" How does a leaked beta prevent them from adding features? Sorry to about asking, but just curious as to the reasoning. And since you're a programmer, thought you might have some insight.

Like the whole Half-life 2 source leak thing. At least I could see how that might hurt, since you may want to make changes to prevent cheats or hacking. Although, if the game was actually closed to being finished, there's no reason why it couldn't still be released.

GezusK said:
I know you said you wouldn't discuss it, but I have to ask how a leak beta hurts the development process? Do they just decide..."well, darn it, a beta is out, guess we'll stop where we are and release it" How does a leaked beta prevent them from adding features? Sorry to about asking, but just curious as to the reasoning. And since you're a programmer, thought you might have some insight.

Like the whole Half-life 2 source leak thing. At least I could see how that might hurt, since you may want to make changes to prevent cheats or hacking. Although, if the game was actually closed to being finished, there's no reason why it couldn't still be released.
Hi GezusK!

welcome to the forum!

I understand your curiosity BUT as i said before i wont discuss this matter, though since IC8 has now been released, and i am not telling something you cant read other places on the internet aswell:

You answered this question already in your own post, since that is exacly what happened. Now i leave it to you to put 2 + 2 together how that hurted development of the final product.

Greetnx

ibod

TheMadGuy said:
V1.4.1 letting the cat out of the bag...

a - Support for 8.0.0.255 of InstantCopy
I'm running 8.0.0.265 (came with instantcd/dvd8 downloaded from us site).
Any chance of an update please?

Status
Not open for further replies.