InstantCopy CD/DVD Update 7.06

Thank you for the information, but pinnacle uses an interesting version strategy. 7.06 is the Patch Version, wich includes InstantCopy 7.0.3.142. To find your InstantCopy Version, Start InstantCopy, click on the top left Icon of the window and select Information from the Menu, there youll find your actual InstantCopy Version!

Thanx for your efforts!

Greetnx

Thanks...Though your information may be correct...alot of members Im sure would still see it as a 7.06 update...since that is what is listed on the Pinnacle Update Page and with the information you provided will clearify things....

I hope so, pinnacle always has diffrent 'call sign versions' for their releases, not matching the actual file version. Confuses a lot of ppl!

Greetnx

I'm a bit confused.

1) MadGuy says patch 7.06 includes InstantCopy 7.0.3.142. However, the website indicates that patch 7.06 is based on v7.1.1 update. I obviously trust MadGuy's expertise so I must be missing something.

2) If I want the absolute latest patch/update/whatever, should I download 'patch 7.06' (44MB!) as opposed to 'update 7.1.1' (12MB).

3) Will InstantCopy Settings Editor v1.3.1 work with this new patch which appears to be based on v7.1.1? Or do I need to find the earlier update 7.0.3.xxx?

Thanks in advance!

addendum:
OOPS!! Seems I've mixed up Instantcopy with InstantCD/DVD. Anyway, I still need to an answer to question 3 - will Settings Editor v1.3.1 work with update 7.1.1?

Last edited:

Laz

TheMadGuy is of course correct.

It all boils down to Pinnacle's dumb way of listing updates I'm afraid. Update v7.1.1 turns IC7 into v7.0.3.142.

Understand? No, nor do any of us it seems. :D They really do have a dumb way with these updates and all it does is confuse everyone.

The 7.06 update patch is for the full Instant CD/DVD software package and that is why the update is so big, and yes it includes the latest IC7 7.1.1 patch.

So if you only have IC7 then the only upgrade you need is the 7.1.1 patch. Or upgrade 3 as Pinnacle also call it. I say we just call them by 1, 2 or 3 from now on as they have been doing on another forum. I can understand them from those listings. :D

And yes ICHSE 1.3.1 works with both versions of IC7.

Hope that explains it.

Hi All!

Pinnalces driving everyone nuts with their versioning, so i guess it takes Mad Guys :D to understand their insane Versioning :D

So i tried to bring a little light to this!
You can take a look at InstantCopy Versions Explained, i tried to deceipher IC Versions to human understandable level there.

Hope this helps

Greetnx

Last edited:

corrie90

lost windows drag & drop ( Pinnacle 7.06 )

Hi All

I have just upgraded Pinnacle to 7.06 , but it appears to be the case that I have lost my windows drag & drop facility since installing Pinnacle
& my Sony DRU-10a DVD drive

Can any one help me as it is very frustrating

I have Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks

corrie90 said:
Hi All

I have just upgraded Pinnacle to 7.06 , but it appears to be the case that I have lost my windows drag & drop facility since installing Pinnacle
& my Sony DRU-10a DVD drive

Can any one help me as it is very frustrating

I have Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks
Hi corrie90,
sorry, i have no idea how this can happen!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling InstantCD+DVD already ?
might help, always worth a try!

Greetnx

corrie90

TheMadGuy said:
Hi corrie90,
sorry, i have no idea how this can happen!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling InstantCD+DVD already ?
might help, always worth a try!

Greetnx

Hi MadGuy

Sorted it ... you have to FORMAT the disks first ( stupid me )
Princo disks are no good so I had to chuck them

Ghost nor drive image seem not to like DVD disks??? do you have any idea why .. my backups now have to span over several CD-RW which defeats the idea of getting the DRU-500a

Thanks

Corrie90