installing direct X 9

simple simon

hi guys and girls :p i have a prob obviously.. i have windows xp and it has a few things wrong with it, i have so much stuff i need on it, to burn dvd my music and films ect to much to put on disks to reinstall xp. first it i used hotmail all the time and then all of a sudden it says somthing about dns server?? and wont load the site? this happens on a couple of sites, not to much bother i use yahoo now ;) so any way, i did install direct X8.1 and when i brought a new game and it needs direct X 9 it wont install, say " the software you are installing has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatbillity with windows XP." then says contact your admin.... so i did, they asked where i brought my copy of xp from and i said it came with the comp. bla bla bla in the end they wont help me??? anything i can do without reinsatlling XP????

thanks 4 your time peeps!!!! :D

p.s anything on the hotmail issue?

Hi :)

U could try disabling Driver Signing (Right click My Computer & select properties & then the hardware tab, then click the driver signing button, check what settings U have here, if it set to block, thats prolly why DirectX aint installing, change it to Warn(dialog box pops up warning U) or Ignore & make sure the Administrator option to make it the system default is ticked :)

Post back & let us know if it helps :)

BaNzI :D

simple simon

Did you played around with the system services?
your problem can be the result of such doing; did read about the same problem long time ago, and the guy deactivated a system service so he got this error; unfortunately i can't remember the service name;

Greetings from
Duracell

A clean and precise technician would tell you to carefully observe the system logs and diagnose what the particular errors on your system are. Then attempt to solve them by, for instance, un-installing and reinstalling malfunctionin programs.

If that doesn't work (or you're simply lost), there are some more blunt "dirty" methods that work from the notion that Windows has its own peculiar tendencies. With XP, the first thing to do is a system backup image, so anything you try can be reversed. Note that in the worst-case scenario, you might have to do a full re-isntall.

1) If you're having serious, recurring problems accessing the internet, one option might be to download and reinstall Internet Explorer/Outlook Express. The newest install pack is IE6 SP1. Doing this reinstalls many of the basic communications registries in Windows.

2) Try reinstalling your most current service pack for XP (or the one that is more recent). Again, service pack installations replace many of the basic registers of Windows. You might find though that you have to reinstall drivers for your devices, because it's possible that the service pack will over-write them. If you're using an Nvidia chipset (for instance) you might want to uninstall that and your video drivers before you do the service pack installation, and then reinstall chipset and video drivers.

I hope something here might help.