Incredmail.....email

IncrediMail is an advanced, feature-rich email program that offers you an unprecedented interactive experience. Unique multimedia features will enable you to tailor your email experience so that it fits your mood and personality. Visual effects will entertain your every sense. Go ahead. Express yourself like never before.
Homepage

Glad someone mentioned it!

I use it at home (because the wife wanted pretty mail and I wasn't prepared to use M$LookOut and haven't looked back.

Very nice GUI, and better still multiple accounts incl Hotmail etc etc allfrom one i/face

Good proggy

Cheerz

Siriosys

To each his own... I'm sure I've said it before, but I hate everything about this program - from the irritating popup character that tells you you have mail, from the adverts (and possible spyware), and the bloated mail it sends - now it's a personal preference, but I tend to use plaintext unless I NEED formatting, and images ONLY when they make a point - I also use a firewall to block remote images.

I just tried it, thought it looked ok, but when it checked 4 mail(i have 1main account with 3 alias, it seemed 2 receive multiple copies of every mail(44 in total)

Also it would not let me send mail just giving me an error mess sayin the address in not valid

I get the same prob with Opera's M2 mail client, i know my settings are correct as they work in both OE & Netscape

But i think this might be an ISP problem, cause when i called them about Opera, they just said they did not support it

& here was me thinkin that most mail progs worked the same:)

BaNzI:D

1 THING people do not realise !? ... is this is essentially OUTLOOK/OUTLOOK EXPRESS skinned its still the same engine ticking underneath and still prone to the outlook/express security flaws :( :mad:

Nearly, but not quite. It's written in Delphi and the automatic script execution that happens in Outlook isn't nearly as bad in IM.

Having said all that, I did mention earlier that I use it because 'she who must be obeyed' wanted pretty email!!!!! Previously I was a Eudora convert and still keep it on the machine for use when I need it.

Now THAT (Eudora) is a good email client.

Cheerz

Siriosys

Pegasus is great email but I never went to Uni or Tech and that's where it's used heaps.

Guess I just never got around to using it either.

Invented by a fellow-Middle Earth dweller.

Cheerz

Siriosys

Pegasus was my absolute fav, until I switched to the (cross-platform) Mozilla mail. It misses some Pegasus features, but on the other hand it handles multiple e-mail accounts with ease.

scarecrow said:
Pegasus was my absolute fav, until I switched to the (cross-platform) Mozilla mail. It misses some Pegasus features, but on the other hand it handles multiple e-mail accounts with ease.

Rewritten POP3/SMTP code Pegasus Mail's POP3 and SMTP mail routines have been totally rewritten for V4.1: you can now have multiple POP3 mailboxes active at any time, can apply Pegasus Mail's powerful filtering rules to messages on the server before they are downloaded, and there are several new and revised features for controlling how much mail is downloaded from the server at any given time.

The new multiple account handling is one of the features praised as "about time!" - it seems that until then, you had to use different identities?

Oops, this is supposed to be the Incredimail thread - I come not to praise it, but to bury it!