IncrediMail Build 908

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build 908, - Released December 24, 2002

'Launch IncrediMail on startup' bug fix
'Sending .eml files as attachments' bug fix
'Letter Creator shut down' bug fix

Fox Mulder Many thanks for update bro. When they had released it on their homepage at the time of my post they (incredimail) were still on the Brandy and Rum ...Hic Hicup:D

I'm very glad to hear from a few of you that this program now checks to see if one's running an legal version of the software.
If you like it and thing its worth the $$ please buy it or carry on using the demo.
.....Phones home... bit like ET.:)
Illegal version get disconnect so I'm lead to think.

Mr. Administrator, I think you are wrong.
Incredimail does not phone home now, it just installs a trojan which spies even legally registered users.
Read the new program EULA if you wish please, and you will find out that this happens with your permission.

scarecrow thanks bro yes I have a legal copy and I know about the checks but I was not aware of this cutt off (disconnection) which many keep mailing mi about. So once again use the demo or buy...$$$$

Ther is FREQUENT agitation about their EULA - carrying "the usual spyware references"
Eg. "Anonymous statistics", and other platitudes

A friend uses it, and I wish they wouldn't!
I'd sooner buy Eudora - If I wanted to decorate my email and use 10k or more of junk to say a few words, I could use backgrounds in Outlook Excuse.

Many companies will reject fancy formatted email, blocking it as potentially hostile attachments.
I have an absolute rule - send PLAIN TEXT, unless formatting is critical!

I do not wish to offend anyone, but if one doesn't use programs issued under known GPL like the opensource projects, reading thoroughly the specific EULA's before installing is critical- it may sound as hysteria, but in my humble opinion it is absolutely necessary for anyone that cares about his/her privacy.

scarecrow said:
I do not wish to offend anyone, but if one doesn't use programs issued under known GPL like the opensource projects, reading thoroughly the specific EULA's before installing is critical- it may sound as hysteria, but in my humble opinion it is absolutely necessary for anyone that cares about his/her privacy.
i care about my privacy but way to lazy to read all of that crap written in the eula

and most of the times i dont even understand it

the one time i did it frigtened me ;)

scarecrow said:
Mr. Administrator, I think you are wrong.
Incredimail does not phone home now, it just installs a trojan which spies even legally registered users.
Read the new program EULA if you wish please, and you will find out that this happens with your permission.
Well, any possibility to get rid of this "trojan" and to have IM working all the same (without calling home)?
I mean, I don't think any programs like SpyBot can recognize any spyware in IM...yet...

dianna I think you should read our RULES since it's clear you don't understand or read them...:mad:
Instruction's on how to by pass or to cheat demo etc to a full version is not permitted/

Status
Not open for further replies.