Improving an image

Is it possible to change the brightness on a movie image file? If there is a way to do it, can that bring out details that are too dark to see in the image as it is played?

yeah theres filters you can use in virtual dub to brighten the avi before conversion there are a few other tools that do it with various results good and bad its trial and error :)

I assumed that everything went ok with the encoding and deleted the original file before checking the image. The image is already in bin format. How would you recomend that I proceed. Is there a way to extract the avi without burning the image to cd?

Nunyobiznes said:
I assumed that everything went ok with the encoding and deleted the original file before checking the image. The image is already in bin format. How would you recomend that I proceed. Is there a way to extract the avi without burning the image to cd?

if its bin an cue format then its not avi it will be MPEG2 or MPEG depending if its SVCD OR VCD you can extract the mpg with isobuster and then use VDUB MPEG :)