Problem Burning Dvd-r!!!

I need help I'm having a problem burning DVD's

- I am converting svcd to mpeg using iso buster
- Then I am using TMPGenc to separate the video and audio files
- Then using TMPGenc and SSRC to change the audio file to 48000 Hz
- Then using TMPGenc to combine the new audio file video file together
- Then using DVD Patcher to adjust the file to make it DVD compatible
- After all of that I use Ulead Music Factory to Authorize and burn

The problem is when I put my DVD-R in the DVD Burner, Ulead freezes up and won't burn the DVD??
It does not display how space on the drive when I put the DVD in. When I put a blank CD-R in it displays 700MB.

My burner burns SVCD on CD-R's fine using Nero.

When I put my DVD-R in the drive and check windows explorer and click on the drive. I get a message saying it needs to be formated, do you want format? I then click yes and I get another message saying unable to format.

PLEASE REPLY WITH HELP!!!!!

BLACKCAESE

Welcome..:)
I move your post so that you will get the help you need. Please take the time out to post in the correct area if you don't you problem may never get the help it needs.:)
Sound like the program doesn't see you DVD burner as a DVD burner just as a cdr burner. How about you give us some more info.
OS, What burning software install and versions, DVD burner, What version ASPIS installed?
Lets start with that. :)

Blackcaese

Thanks for your reply!

I am running Windows 2000NT

I tried burning my DVD-R in Nero Smart Start with the option to burn DVD and CD. I also downloaded Ulead Music factory 3 trial version they both don't work.

My burner is a LG DVD Rewriteable (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B)

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean when you ask for ASPIS.

I would just author the SVCD mpeg files in DVDLab, it auto does all the conversions etc for you. It can even burn the final DVD as well. They have a fully functional 30 day trial version available.

Blackcaese

Thank you guys!

I will update my ASPI with forceASPI and let you know the results.

Is it possible some could post a tutorial of DVDLab. I am going to try the conversions and burn as suggested.

Blackcaese

I am now using DVDLab. One of my MPEG files have problem being transcoded as soon as it reaches a certain point DVDlab stops responding and the transcode is incomplete.

My other mpeg is fine. I need both of the files to make up the movie.

What do think is the problem and can I fix it??

Blackcaese

Well guys,

I used DVDLab and it's great! But the bad news is my burner doesn't work with the it. :mad:

So knowing that I compiled the files to a video TS folder, I thought I would use the software that came with my burner, Nero, I tried to input the video files VOB, IFO, BUP.
Nero gives me an error saying it IFO and BUP files are not present. I look on my HD and they are present but the file icon is showing a windows icon, so guess Nero doesn't recognize it. :confused:

I just want to burn my movie on a DVD. you you guys know if I can get an ASPI that will make my burner compatible with DVDLab. That would be Great!! :)

Or somehow Make Nero reconize my IFP,BUP files.

Ther has got to be a way!

AFAIK DVD Lab makes the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders ready for burning <> I just use RNowMax to burn a data disk with the two folders & never have a problem.

I might add that although u can use Non compliant MPEGs (as per CM) I (having no need to rush) always rencode with TMPEG to make DVD compliant MPEG2
Takes a few hours but I just prefer it that way.

Blackcaese said:
I thought I would use the software that came with my burner, Nero, I tried to input the video files VOB, IFO, BUP.
Nero gives me an error saying it IFO and BUP files are not present.
You must drag the VIDEO_TS folder across so all the VOB IFO & BUP files remain in the VIDEO_TS folder, otherwise will error out and even if you can burn it, your DVD Player wont play it.

As The Poacher said, Record Now DX/Max would have to be one of the absolute easiest dvd burning software out there. Just make a Data disk and drag or load the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to it and burn. Make sure you get the latest PX Engine so that the prog will "see" your dvd burner.

Blackcaese

All my video files are compiled in the video_TS folder not the audio_TS folder as done by DVDLAB
I dragged all the files VOB, IFO, BUP into Nero and there was no errors and the DVD+R burned successfully! :)

I tried it in my DVD player and it did not work. :mad:

I still have my original MPG's for the movie I just need to get it on a DVD :confused:

Can you guys send a link to where I can download Record Now DX/Max and the PX Engine for my burner and is Record Now DX/Max promised to work with my burner?

Or some easy way to get my mpg's to burn on a DVD+R and play in my standalone DVD player.

As I posted above "You must drag the VIDEO_TS folder across so all the VOB IFO & BUP files remain in the VIDEO_TS folder". You keep saying you dragged the files, then they MUST be in a VIDEO_TS folder or it simple wont play on anything. Please confirm that you have a VIDOE_TS folder with all the VOB, etc files in it, and an empty AUDIO_TS folder on the burnt DVD.

does your standalone player support the +R format :)

if you are unsure please give us the make and model of the player and we can check :)

does it play back in windows with power dvd or whatever software player you use !? :)

Blackcaese

Ok Guys every thing works in Nero dragged all the files. :)

I have 3 DVD standalone players. My DVD's work in 2 out of the 3.
I converted the video files to NTSC and compiled it in DVDLab in NTSC as well.

The problem now is my Toshiba SD 1700. When I put the DVD-R in it recognizes it but it won't play, it reads a Disc Error and "Not NTSC" on the TV Screen. :(

So I tried converting the video files back to PAL and compiled in DVDLab in PAL as well. Burned it in that format. When I tried it in the Toshiba SD 1700, I got the same message. :(

I know the DVD player can play DVD-R's because I borrowed a DVD-R with a movie on from a friend. It works fine the only thing is the clock does not move but that is not a problem.

Therefor I am looking for a way to make my DVD-R play on my Toshiba because this is my main DVD player that is hooked up to my big screen and surround sound.

Well a lot of people don't talk to good about the Toshiba SD 1700. You might find it easier to buy a different player. :( But I've also found using burnatonce version 0.99b that dvd-rs are more compatible with picky players. If you do a search of the forum you will find a link for .99b and not the newer one. Good luck.

pot Noodle

burning dvd's ????

what you need is some good dvd burning software like clone dvd2 prassi - alcohol120% - nero 6 all of thiese will do the trick :)

Blackcaese

I use Nero 6.

I was looking at my movie files and I noticed something. I don't know if it is revelant or not but I think this is the reason why my Toshiba Player won't play.

I had 2 svcd mpeg files Movie 1 had a frame of 352x576, Movie 2 has a frame of 480x480, therefore making one Move 1=PAL and Movie 2=NTSC.

Movie 1
I converted the mpv file to NTSC= 352x480 with DVD Patcher
I compiled it for burning in DVDLab as NTSC as well.
The outcome my player read disc error and No NTSC on the screen.

Movie 2
This movie I converted the mpv file to 352x480 with DVD Patcher
but this movie was already in NTSC I just changed the frame from 480 to 352
The outcome my player played it! :) but when I started the movie, the picture was messed up, showing double of everything and half the screen a green thick line. It played fine and clear, went from scene to scene just a picture problem.

As mentioned earlier in the thread I played my friends DVD-R in the Toshiba and it played Perfect. So it is capable of playing DVD-R's fine, I just need to find out what is on that DVD-R converted NTSC original NTSC etc.

I was thinking my method of Patching is not enough to fool the Toshiba Player.
It is clear it plays DVD-R's that are NTSC like Movie 2. If Movie 2 had an original frame size of 352x480 maybe it would play fine. If the movie is PAL like Movie 1 it will never play even if converted with DVD Patcher.

Therefore, I was thinking if I could use a stronger program to convert I would have success. Or if I converted the whole MPEG file first then input it in DVDLab. Previously I would input the oringinal MPEG in DVDLab find out it needs converting from an error message, take the broken out mpv file and convert it. Restart DVDLab input the converted mpv file and everything looked fine in DVDLab, no error messages.

As requested earlier I tried to download Burnatonce but I couldn't install it I kept getting a message that I was missing a file COMGL32-OX (something like that) and prevented me from installing it. :(

Do you guys think I need a better Patching method? :confused:

Don't mean to be a pain :eek:

Blackcaese

OK guys,

I went home tried a different Patching Software. I tried IFOEdit, with this software you adjust the convert the IFO and BUP files.

I compiled Movie 1 the original PAL movie, then covert the IFO & BUP files.

When I put in my Toshiba DVD player it worked :)

I had a feeling DVD Patcher was not a good patcher.

The only problem is the picture. It is showing double. In the patch process I configured the settings to 720x480 4:3 and Letterbox, maybe 352x480 will show a better picture. :confused: The other thing is the picture, it's not smooth there is a slight jump every couple seconds.

Thank God for DVD-RW :)

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix the picture and the slight jumping? Or even a better Patch method.

I tried converting with TPMGEnc, DVD2AVI & BeSweetGUI and I was stumped by thr TPMGEnc Wizard, it would not except my .d2v file :confused:

I am open to any suggestions!!