ideas please

Hi
What im trying to do is enhance the audio on my dvds. This is my process
so far i ripp with smart ripper to get my ac3 file then from ac3 to .aiff with besweet then in to cool edit and i ghess ill have to remux it back together.
(i know im off on a bit of a video chat :D )

But what im asking is has any of you guys enhanced the audio on a dvd if so am i on the right track or what do u guys use?

Is there a easy faster way one nice program that gives u these audio, video controls any ideas be great
Cheers DAZA

WaveGuide said:
It depends on what you mean by "enhance". What do you want to do with the audio?
Hi Ya waveguide
All im doing is bringing up the bass,midrange, etc on music dvds or voice etc on
video dvds . As i can see theres nothing that can open a ac3 file to work with it
So i ghess ill have to strip to 6 wave files and do the work and back to ac3?
Cheers Daza :confused:

WaveGuide

There are a few programs that can work with ac3, but I don't know the names off hand. I have not used any so far. If wave files give you seporate tracks for different sounds, this might be an advantage. I usually use SoundForge. I think it might be able to work with ac3, but again I have not checked.

sound forge can't open .ac3 files...(unsupported format)
i think that sf can't open more than 2 channels(stereo),
or i don't have the "plugin" to open it!

:(

Usually..sound on a retail dvd is ok.....To add a effects..use a audio editor like samplitude or wavelab....or plug it thru software equilazer......