i need help to format ntfs in xp

hello peeps i have a com which was preinstalled with xp, its in ntfs format i wonder how can i format it.....

i have the following cds

superwindows 8in1
superwindows 6in1
superwindows 6 in 1 and service pack
win me boot disk
norton 2003 system works
windows 2000, 3 in1
partation magic 8, but not bootable in dos

there all bootable

please help :mad:

cya naz

basically clean the hard drive

i want to do a clean installtion but its blocking by the ntfs.
But everytime try a win me boot disk into dos, type in the following commands (a\: Format c:) it says invalid operation in dos !!, is ntfs dos different to msdos ??

cya naz:mad:

dx

As I remember, it's because WinME removed most of the DOS support in favour of DOS emulation...which is only available in WinME, but not in the Boot disc. The ME boot disc has very minimal DOS drivers. Therefore "format" is not an available command, however I think "fdisk" is (did you try it?).

If no, use a Win98/98SE boot disc to fdisk the drive and remove the partition, reboot, create a new partition, then let the WinXP CD (which self boots) format the drive in NTFS. If you are uncomfortable with fdisk or can't locate a Win98/98SE boot disc...the WinXP CD can delete and create a new partition for you...as Pokopiko suggested!

BTW, if you "a:\ format c:" in Win98/98SE you will ONLY get a FAT32 formated HD. Although you can install WinXP on a FAT32 (WinNT operating systems (NT, 2000, XP) can handle both FAT and NTFS), NTFS is better.

Even more fun...check out this internal thread for even more options:
http://forum.cdrsoft.cc/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18637

use a boot Win98/98SE or ME boot disk , then type fdisk delete all patritions and then create new one or more!
Other way is on XP you can install Patrition Magik and convert your patritions to Fat 32 or Ntfs without loosing any data.

IF u want a full HDD cleanup ie delete all partitions erasing the MBR will be an alternative. do a search for part.exe in google an hit E to erase MBR. Or u may use the relevant SW with the HDD for a lowlevel format.

BEWARE TO BACKUP BEFORE :D

Goodluck ;)

ok i have softed now

ok i have it sorted now !!!, i will make the pc company pay, what they have done to my computer !!.....

cya naz:D