I need DVD and DVD-R Reading capability. What to do?

nimittzz

Hi I have a need for DVD-ROM and DVD-R reading capabilitiy on my PC and also have an older model Sony 8x burning CD burner that does not have buffer under run protection which sometimes gives me problems. Thinking seriously of getting the current model fast Liteon combo CD burner and DVD reader. Is Liteon the best choice for a combo.
I would like DVD burning capabilities but will wait until they are 8x and reliable or perhaps until the dual layer burners are out and reliable and affordable.

U may be waiting a long time however LiteOn probably a good choice (Im not a lover of combo's) others will no doubt advise

i wouldn't buy a combo too;
a Toshiba DVD-ROM and the LiteON CDRW 52327S would be a good choice,
better than a Combo or a poor DVDRW (if DVD writing is not necessary);

Greetings from
Duracell

bobalu

Combo Drives are great!!!

I have an LG combo drive. It is fast (burns CDs at 48X) and plays DVDs with no problems, ever. It has never made a coaster, even with cheap media. You can buy a Plextor or whatever expensive brand/model if you feel the need to spend a lot of money. For regular CDRW drives, I get the ones that are $15 (with rebates) from Best Buy and have never had any problems either. CDRWs are all pretty rock solid these days.

Last edited: