I know this is goofy but here goes

maelek

i have all three installed

dvdstripper
dvddecrypter
ifoedit

i made a jobe (add/remove) things i wanted on it; then i hit process.
it made audio/videio folders in my destination folder

now what...i think that i need another program to actually write those files to the blank dvd .... is that the case?

will roxio work for that or is there a different program that is better? thanks

Arianos

betatester
maelek said:
now what...i think that i need another program to actually write those files to the blank dvd .... is that the case?

will roxio work for that or is there a different program that is better? thanks
If they (the files) are bigger than 4.35Gigs, you'll have to reduce the size first.
DVD Shrink 3.15 is a superb program to use.

I suppose you talk about Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator.
If it came free with your DVD recorder, then use it :)

Lately I use Copy to DVD
http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm
which is simple to use and burns compliant DVDs.
They have a 15 day trial there.

Last edited:

maelek

well
i have dvdxcopy platinum; but i thought that it is looking for a dvd when they go to burn

the files that dvdstripper created are on my hard drive

this is my very first time using something other than dvdxcopy (which was only once too)

the folders created are

Audio_TS --- no files
Video_TS --- 10 files for total of 4.02 GB

Actually, i have Sonic DVD and Roxio CD applications; you can't just drag/drop those 2 folders onto a blank dvd and close out the disc and have it work ....can you?

edit: for some reason i was thinking there must be some sort of hidden file like with store bought CDs and DVDs that didn't allow a copy/paste method to work. i just want to be sure which program to use is the right one before i start wasting DVDs

Last edited:
maelek said:
i just want to be sure which program to use is the right one before i start wasting DVDs
Might i suggest buying a DVDRW and making some practice burns untill you PERFECT the methods you intend to use before going live with a blank DVDr :)

you can burn and erase and reburn untill you are entirely happy and know that you are not wasting disks :)

maelek

they are
i got it to burn using dvdshrink (although i didnt have to shrink it_

now i am trying to open up my project i had saved yesterday and stripper keeps giving me an error

runtime error 35601
element not found

sheesh louise...i hope this becomes easier with time

Arianos

betatester
maelek said:
they are
i got it to burn using dvdshrink (although i didnt have to shrink it_

now i am trying to open up my project i had saved yesterday and stripper keeps giving me an error

runtime error 35601
element not found

sheesh louise...i hope this becomes easier with time
If you have altered, renamed or moved your working folders, you will get this error.
Don't be disheartened. This is the easiest you'll get. Just be patient and take one step at a time. And yes, it DOES get easier with time.

Scott231

So, I take it there is no "Complete!" icon or music when you are finished (and ready to burn the DVD with a different software package). The way I see it, you are done with this program when the Next> button gets Greyed out. Correct?

Scott231 said:
So, I take it there is no "Complete!" icon or music when you are finished (and ready to burn the DVD with a different software package). The way I see it, you are done with this program when the Next> button gets Greyed out. Correct?
there's a "complete" type of message box that pops up after ifoedit is done processing.