how to stop a CD burner

I've follow all duracell sugestions to uninstall pxengine and use nero clean tools, plus I found a firmware upgrade, so maybe some of this will work, haven't try a burn yet. I'll let you know. Thanks to all who answer. Course any other ideas are welcome

Last edited:
it worked !!

I've done enough burns now to think the problem was solved. My feeling is that the problem was caused by the remanent pxengine driver, cause I never had this problem until I tryed RNM, last year.

tnx to everyone who participated and helped here

:) :) :)

cdr4vsd.sys, cdr4dll.dll, cdrtc.dll, cdr4_2k.sys (cdr4_xp.sys in XP), cdralw2k.dll, cdral.dll

are all EASY CD CREMATOR files for Win 2000 and Win XP jasmin ref here

oddly enough is on plextors home site lol as a removal guide for cremator lol :)

jasmin said:
That is what Nero Clean Tool has found on my PC. What are these drivers? WinXP burning machine? :confused:
Go ahead jasmin do your self a favor and delete them. :D:p Your pc will be better off with out them. I think netman would be the only one to have a problem with that. :)

PC-GUY said:
Go ahead jasmin do your self a favor and delete them. :D:p Your pc will be better off with out them. I think netman would be the only one to have a problem with that. :)

Guys, i'm pretty confused :confused: I've never installed ECDC on my WinXP, I got it installed on WinME so why Nero Clean Tool has reported these files?! I did a search and these files are placed on my D disk not on C where is WinXP?! No such files on my WinXP partition!!! Am I fool or what?

jasmin said:
Am I fool or what?
It seeems that the Nero tool is the fool here- found inactive drivers outside the windows directory. If they aren't placed in your windows/system32 directory plus subdirectories you may safely ignore them.

scarecrow said:
It seeems that the Nero tool is the fool here- found inactive drivers outside the windows directory. If they aren't placed in your windows/system32 directory plus subdirectories you may safely ignore them.

No, they are not even present on my HDD (WinXP Pro SP1) they are on my kids OS, on another HDD (not partition). I really don't know what to think :confused:

!?! :confused: ?!? i got the info from google jasmin with regards to the dll names !? maby check they are not in the windows/system32 directory plus subdirectories as per scarecrows suggestion .... my method of checking is by making a folder on a seperate partition dumping suspect files into it then leaving them for a week or two and if nothing calls on them in desperation in that period then i would assume its safe to remove them :)

VIPER, I did a search 3 times, those drivers doesn't exist on my WD HDD (WinXP) they are on IBM HDD (WinME) and I executed Nero Clean Tool on WinXP :confused: What a hell is it searching on my other OS?!

Bloody Windows Search feature :mad: :mad: :mad:

I found those drivers manualy on my WinXP partition, using Search feature no files found!!! F++kin Micro$oft :mad: :mad: :mad:

@jasmin did you have system files hidden ... you will not locate any system files with windows search if you have hidden files enabled :)

VIPER_1069 said:
@jasmin did you have system files hidden ... you will not locate any system files with windows search if you have hidden files enabled :)
No, VIPER, they were not hidden and I had "Search for hidden files and folders" enabled :confused:

Attachments

strange jasmin !? no ideas then bud !? lol ?! maby case sensitive other than that !? :confused: lol :)

try wildcarding it using ? instead of some of the letters !? :)

jasmin said:
Guys, i'm pretty confused :confused: I've never installed ECDC on my WinXP,
Windows Media Player's burning engine?
Control Panel > Add/remove > Media Player > repair > deselect the burning plugin > OK