How To Rollback DirectX v9.0b???

Need somebody's help :confused: I think DX9 slows down my system (WinXP Pro SP1) so I want to downgrade to DX8.1.

Any ideas?

THX

jonss

jasmin said:
Need somebody's help :confused: I think DX9 slows down my system (WinXP Pro SP1) so I want to downgrade to DX8.1.

Any ideas?

THX
I do believe it cannot be done. One of the warnings re downloading 9b is that it changes sooooo many things the only way to roll it back is to do a reinstall of the winxp operating system. System restore will not correct the problem either as 9b updates the restore files during its installation. Sorry to be the bearer of such bad tidings before Christmas but that's my understanding. Have you upgraded the drivers for your GPU card? This can sometimes correct any incompatibilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<< DirectX 9 Uninstaller for XP / .NET >>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This uninstaller uses your original XP or .NET CD to restore your original DirectX 8 files.
Extract these files to C:\DXTEMP! You must extract these files to this directory and run the UnDx9.bat that uninstalls the DIrectX files in SAFE MODE. Enjoy!

But when I insert my WinXP Pro SP1 CD it claimes that it is not proper CD :confused:

THERE are also a few freeware tools out there that do the same apart from you have to reinstall your chosen choice of direct X yourself :( so you need to have a copy of which one you need handy :)

DIRECT X BUSTER get it here for the english version http://www.dxbuster.de/index_e.html :)

With most versions of direct X available also from this site :)

every version from v 8 right down to direct X version 3 :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

THX Viper but no luck :confused:

DirectX Buster (please read the hints before):

DirectX Buster 2.1 Beta 4 Build 41 english (~715 kb)
Note:
Under Windows ME run the DXB in safe mode!
For Windows XP use the Uninstaller below!
DirectX 9 Uninstaller for Windows XP (extarnal link)

And I already used DirectX 9 Uninstaller for Windows XP but that little app doesn't like my WinXP CD :( :( :(

I headed straight to GURU3D!
http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=8

DirectX Eradicator?
http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=626

It's homepage is currently over quota - but it appears the update/preview version of this now supports XP.

PS. If running an older Geforce family card with 20, 30 or 40 - series drivers, update to the latest drivers - DX9 paired with DX9 drivers on an older card works a hell of a lot better than DX9 piared with non-DX9 drivers.

If you do fall back to DX8.1, then you'll want the security update for it (it's built-in on 9.0b)

Thank you very much, LTR12101B, DirectX Eradicator works like a charm, DX 8.1 is restored in less then 2 minutes but my problem is still here, something slows my Windows :confused: Don't know what's the reason, maybe hardware, RAM slots or my graphic card?! I'll try to find a reason tonight! Any idea?!

jasmin, have U got any of the windows updates, i know that a least 1 is known 2 slow pc's right down, cant remember what 1 as i dont use XP :)

BaNzI :D

obivan

You do not need to remove dx 9b. Press ctrl+alt+del select processes and end
the process which cpu value is about 90 pu (the name of the process is written in capital letters but not CTHELPER or IEXPLORE) after that system idle process will be 90 cpu its ok. to end the process right click the process. :eek:
Your windows will be faster then ever :cool: