How to rip a VCD?

I've converted a DivX to VCD using Chickenman tutorial, and I've finished burning 2 VCD. They work perfectly.

Now I'm considering adding a short "Change disc" movie at the end of the first disc, and a short "This is disc 2" at the beginning of the second disc.

The problem is that I don't have the mpg files: after burning, I deleted it. How can I get it back from the VCD?

Use VCDEasy to make and burn the VCD with the pictures added that you mentioned. It can also convert the *.DAT file on your CD to an *.MPG file on your HD

Read the DVD to VCD using DVD2SVCD tutorial on how to use VCDEasy.

borogovio said:
Thank you again.
Glad to see you back, ChickenMan !
Thanks, glad to be back as well.

@Denexo, sorry but that is bad advice. A DAT file is NOT a MPG file with a different name. They are very different files and what you suggest may appear to work sometimes, it will not always. Do the right thing and ALWAYS convert to a proper MPG and then what ever you wish to do with the file will always work.

ChickenMan, i not suggest him to rename every dat file on his pc to mpeg! My advice was to open the folder cdrom:/MPEGAV and copy the AVSEQ01.DAT (02-03...) and rename it to xx.mpeg! I can also open the AVSEQ01.DAT file direct, (without renaming) with right click and open with Windows media player, so can prewiew the video! I am doing this method on any video cd i want to rip and haven´t untill now no problems! it always work on me! A .DAT file from this folder is an mpeg file and can be used as normal mpeg1 file without re-encording or converting! I don´t thing that was an bad advice just because with my advice you can rip the file very quickly and there is no need for extra knowlege and extra software!

Denexo said:
... A .DAT file from this folder is an mpeg file and can be used as normal mpeg1 file ....!
Sorry, that is incorrect. Suggest you have a read up on the subject such as at VCDHelp.com for example.

Not at all. I write only from my expirience, what i know and made!
I am not afraid to ask for help or to have a second opinion, i will apologise if my post is not correct and i will be happy if you explain me where am i wrong, cause as i wrote, it has always worked! :)

ps.
Yes a had a look at VCDHelp.com
but not about this, just wanted to learn more about X(s)VCD. As you know in cdrsoft, are not many threads about this!
I also had a look at CD freaks! At the end, i never post something if i haven´t tested by myself! (that is your point).
I learn about CCE and Can.Proc. (i was using DVDx and Tmpeg) here in this forum from you and from the other people, i asked a lot of times and post my questions and my results, but NEVER used other guys posts to make me clever! :)

Last edited: