How to move on. Fron Stripper to Shrink (or ather app)

JvD

How to move on. From Stripper to Shrink (or ather app)

OK, had the time during this weekend to try this app. I feels really sweet, its easy but have som minor bugs that you can bypass, other MX have to fix. BUT, my question, WHY cant i take my stripped movie and use it in Shrink or other app för encoding/transcoding??? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! Or did i miss any important poart when i made my small contribution 2 this product. Please, enligt me. I ripp the movi in DVDStripper, and then its processed throgh Ifoedit (yeas, i also have those strande masseges). BUT, then when all hickups ended, how do i go from there.

Last edited:

Laz

After you have processed using DVDStripper fire up DVD Shrink > Click on Open Files > Click on VIDEO_TS as shown in screenshot below and process with Shrink.

Attachments

JvD

Laz said:
After you have processed using DVDStripper fire up DVD Shrink > Click on Open Files > Click on VIDEO_TS as shown in screenshot below and process with Shrink.
Yea yeh, right! Im not THAT Newbie! I still have problem of getting through DVDStripper without any problem. It stops during Ifoedit saying "No Video_TS.ifo found". What is this! WHy? Ilong for the moment I can do what you instruct me to.

Edit: A log feature would be grate!

Last edited:

old-hack

betatester
when you are ready to process your DVDSTripped files with DVDShrink or some other transcoding program, you have to make sure you are selecting the DVDStripper destination folder to find the correctly constructed movie files. The backup folder and the temp folder shouldn't be used. Open DVDStripper and see what folder you chose as the destination folder. Also, I've found that DVDShrink 2.3 has some problems with DVDStripper reconstructed files, so I use DVDShrink 3.0b5 which works fine.

JvD said:
OK, had the time during this weekend to try this app. I feels really sweet, its easy but have som minor bugs that you can bypass, other MX have to fix. BUT, my question, WHY cant i take my stripped movie and use it in Shrink or other app för encoding/transcoding??? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! Or did i miss any important poart when i made my small contribution 2 this product. Please, enligt me. I ripp the movi in DVDStripper, and then its processed throgh Ifoedit (yeas, i also have those strande masseges). BUT, then when all hickups ended, how do i go from there.

JvD

old-hack said:
...you have to make sure you are selecting the DVDStripper destination folder to find the correctly constructed movie files.
If only I could mak it there. I dont get to that next "tab" on DVDStripper. Im NOT very happy right now, is it something else wrong? People told me this app was so easy thir waif could handle it. (yes I am worried now;-)
What is it with this app, pls MX or any of you guys hwo noes this app, what is happening?

JvD said:
If only I could mak it there. I dont get to that next "tab" on DVDStripper. Im NOT very happy right now, is it something else wrong? People told me this app was so easy thir waif could handle it. (yes I am worried now;-)
What is it with this app, pls MX or any of you guys hwo noes this app, what is happening?
you need to make sure you have the backup folder option ticked

and also make sure it has a path along with the TEMP and Destination folders

this will unlock the NEXT button

JvD

MackemX said:
you need to make sure you have the backup folder option ticked

and also make sure it has a path along with the TEMP and Destination folders

this will unlock the NEXT button
all folders are there, two of them om same drive and the "destinattion"-folder is on another disk.
YEAS, the Backup path is there AND YEAS, the "next" buttom IS enabled but if I press that buttom eferything is blank, zip, nothing, NADA! The destinations folders are empty (video and audio...)

WHAT TO DO MX?

JvD said:
all folders are there, two of them om same drive and the "destinattion"-folder is on another disk.
YEAS, the Backup path is there AND YEAS, the "next" buttom IS enabled but if I press that buttom eferything is blank, zip, nothing, NADA! The destinations folders are empty (video and audio...)

WHAT TO DO MX?
what stage are you at?

have you ripped the files by pressing Rip using DVDDecrypter?

have you already processed the files if you have?

I just know there's a simple solution to it all, so I don't think there's a need to start panicking just yet ;)

JvD

MackemX said:
what stage are you at?

have you ripped the files by pressing Rip using DVDDecrypter?

have you already processed the files if you have?

I just know there's a simple solution to it all, so I don't think there's a need to start panicking just yet ;)
1. Start DVDStripper
2. Fillin all foldernames I want, including ticking and naming backupfolder). Two sep disks are used.
3. Pick the right drive
4. Hit "Rip using DVDDecrypter"
5. Na na na... *waiting during rip process*
6. Then DVDStripper opens with the dialog with options to keep or remove parts. Remow in this case approx 1GB of extras (Alien).
7. And the hit the Process....
8. Ifoedit loads and start working.... BUR ends vid the dialog "Finished correcting VOBU pointers". I have to press oK myself and then Quit Ifoedit. The Ifoedit loads and work for i while and ends with the error "No Video_TS.ifo found"
9. Give up!
Nothing in the destination folder, exept for the empt videp_ts and audio_ts folders.

Last edited:

old-hack

betatester
I pulled out my original Alien 20th Anniversary DVD and ran the full process using DVDStripper. Program ran non-stop stripping out everything I didn't want and leaving me with 6.36 gigs. I ran it through DVDShrink 3.0b5 and shrunk it down to 4.35 gigs.

Don't know what is causing your problems without actually being there to see what you are doing.

The folders you use for DVDStripper must already be created on your hard drive. Then you open DVDStripper and browse to those folders. If you are typing folder names in the blank areas for temp, backup, and destination that may be causing your problem.

DVDStripper does not create folders on your hard drive if you are "filling" in the folder names in the temp, backup, and destination fields. When you say in step 2 that you are "ticking and naming backupfolder" it sounds like you are typing on the keyboard to fill in that information rather than browsing to the folder on your hard drive.

Tell us if you are typing in the folder names in the temp, backup, & destination fields or browsing for them to fill them in.

JvD said:
1. Start DVDStripper
2. Fillin all foldernames I want, including ticking and naming backupfolder). Two sep disks are used.
3. Pick the right drive
4. Hit "Rip using DVDDecrypter"
5. Na na na... *waiting during rip process*
6. Then DVDStripper opens with the dialog with options to keep or remove parts. Remow in this case approx 1GB of extras (Alien).
7. And the hit the Process....
8. Ifoedit loads and start working.... BUR ends vid the dialog "Finished correcting VOBU pointers". I have to press oK myself and then Quit Ifoedit. The Ifoedit loads and work for i while and ends with the error "No Video_TS.ifo found"
9. Give up!
Nothing in the destination folder, exept for the empt videp_ts and audio_ts folders.

you can't type the folder names as you must direct it to a folder but you can create a new folder when you are browsing for a folder location

JvD, it looks like are suffering just the same issue as another couple of guys with Ifoedit hanging so all I can say if just give us time to come up with a fix

what would help is if you tell me whether you have any other programs running (email checking, Anti Virus, System Restore), whether you are using the PC while it's processing

we knew we may have issues but we need to isolate them before we can fix them and this is definitely on the top of our list

I hope you can give us time ;)

cheers

JvD

MackemX said:
you can't type the folder names as you must direct it to a folder but you can create a new folder when you are browsing for a folder location
Sorry, I wasnt clear enough. Yeas I browse to the selected folder.

JvD, it looks like are suffering just the same issue as another couple of guys with Ifoedit hanging so all I can say if just give us time to come up with a fix
Yes! 2 BAD!
what would help is if you tell me whether you have any other programs running (email checking, Anti Virus, System Restore), whether you are using the PC while it's processing
I tride to shut all apps down, including, ICQ, etc. I did leave Firewall running but block all traffic. The Virusapp was on (F-secure). Not much more I belive (accept for all services I dont really see;-)

I hope you can give us time ;)
Sure, no problemas! But dont take to long, I might just learn Ifoedit in time for the update ;-)

I understand that some people got it working and some dont. How come? Is it hardwarerelated? If not, an compleete copy of the apps setup (same OS, smae updates, same foldwers, etc) should make it work? OR?

o00o_o00o

JvD said:
I tride to shut all apps down, including, ICQ, etc. I did leave Firewall running but block all traffic. The Virusapp was on (F-secure). Not much more I belive (accept for all services I dont really see;-)

I understand that some people got it working and some dont. How come? Is it hardwarerelated? If not, an compleete copy of the apps setup (same OS, smae updates, same foldwers, etc) should make it work? OR?
JvD, I usually turn every apps BEFORE I start doing any DVD related tasks. I will definately exist out of all apps appears on the task bar such as VirusScan, Windows Messenger. Since I know I'll not connect to the internet while doing the stripping process, I sometimes even disable the Internet connections (Wireless or LAN). That way, I no longer need the firewall to be running too. ;) I however don't know what's the effect the firewall or the virus scanner has on the stripping or ripping process. Also, make sure u quit the VOB viewer BEFORE clicking the "Process" button.

I understand how hard it is for someone who has no/zip/nada experience with IFOEdit when using DVDStripper. Especially when IFOEdit hangs and needs user input. Since u never use IFOEdit, u really don't have a clue what to input or should u click this or that. If u has clicked the wrong button or left input area unfilled, u will not be able to complete the "Process" DVDStripper designed to do. I suspect u might have left out certain inputs in the IFOEdit screen that hangs. I really hope that I can see what u see (when u were using DVDStripper, not when u were with a stripper) :D .

Also, what is your OS?

Hi all

can people check that they are using the correct Ifoedit.INI file from the zip files and putting the extracted file(not folder) into the Windows directory?

whatever you screen resolution is, extract the file that has your screen resolution in it's name

if you are not sure what I mean or if there isn't one for your resolution just ask :)

MackemX said:
Hi all

can people check that they are using the correct Ifoedit.INI file from the zip files and putting the extracted file(not folder) into the Windows directory?

whatever you screen resolution is, extract the file that has your screen resolution in it's name

if you are not sure what I mean or if there isn't one for your resolution just ask :)
This is the exact problem and the exact fix that worked for me last night. I re-replaced the Ifoedit.ini that came with DVDStripper for my screen resolution in my "C:\Windows" folder. It asked me Are you sure you want to replace. Answered yes. YIPPIE works perfectly!

HR

ablindog said:
This is the exact problem and the exact fix that worked for me last night. I re-replaced the Ifoedit.ini that came with DVDStripper for my screen resolution in my "C:\Windows" folder. It asked me Are you sure you want to replace. Answered yes. YIPPIE works perfectly!

HR
I think a few people have missed this and a sticky will be made soon to tell people to check :)