How to make a service visible in MMC?

i asked this question already in another forum, but got no answer; :(
actually i'm using W2k, but the problem will be the same in XP; i know the XP forum gets more hits (probably more problems :D ), so i will ask here;

my example:
a critical device driver (Arrowkey CD/DVD Inspector) is called "CDRPDACC.SYS" and is loaded by a system service called "CDRPDACC"; the system service is defined as start typ 2, but the service is not listed in MMC > Services;

How do i make a service visible in MMC, so that i can start and end them manually, only when i like to run CD/DVD Inspector? :confused:

Greetings from
Duracell

thanks for trying to help Blane, but this was not what i want to do;

i wan't to make an already installed service viewable in the already existing and visable MMC snap-in named "Services"

to make it visible you need to change the type of the service in the registry ... the problem is that perhaps the service wont start anymore with a wrong type. i tried it with the service beep (type 0x1) i changed the type to 0x10 and after a reboot it appeared in the service list but couldn't be started anymore
it would be easier to set the service to "manual" (3) and then use the net command to start and stop the service (then it doesnt need to be in the services list):
just create a new link with the command "net start CDRPDACC" and "net stop CDRPDACC" and label them start and stop.
forti

FortiTude said:
it would be easier to set the service to "manual" (3) and then use the net command to start and stop the service (then it doesnt need to be in the services list):
just create a new link with the command "net start CDRPDACC" and "net stop CDRPDACC" and label them start and stop.
Wow, many thanks forti! :)
this is what i need to know; have done it with the shortcuts and it works! :eek: this solution seems to be the better way;

Greetings from
Duracell