How to create cue sheet with WaveLab

I have a live music concert in .wav format that I would like to burn to cd and have separate tracks (with no gaps). I've just installed WaveLab but cannot work out how to create a cue sheet with it. Can anyone tell me the procedure? Also, once I've created my cue sheet, what program(s) other than CDRWIN support cue sheet burning?

Cueshit!!!!!

Im no expert for that....All i know is before when i used cdrwin,on their site was tutorial with instructions how to use cueshits.....Also,im not shure,but wavelab should burn cue(dont use it now)......Btw,where is that duracell???He`s using it(he should know).......:)

Last edited:
burnatonce 0.95 beta (due out soon) will automatically split a large track into many smaller tracks based on a list of track lengths.

These track lengths can be copy, pasted and filtered from a freedb.org search - takes a few seconds. :)

Jamie

vcd_pat

vcd_pat said:
I have a live music concert in .wav format that I would like to burn to cd and have separate tracks (with no gaps). I've just installed WaveLab but cannot work out how to create a cue sheet with it.
you must not make a cue sheet;

create a new "Audio montage", add your wave, run the CD-Wizard to create stadard pre and post gap, now set your title markers manually in the wave, use boundary markers (no start or stop markers), now you can burn your CD or save as CUE/BIN

in every menu and sub menu you will find a link direct to the right chapter from the help file; use the chance;

Greetings from
Duracell

Last edited:
I do this everyday in wavelab! I found the Audio montage in wavelab awkward.

I just use generic markers in between tracks, then TOOLS/ Auto split/ according to markers

I am left with X number of tracks. I then add the wav files to feurio cd manager and burn. If you are getting 2 sec gaps, check Feurio's "Settings" ....Do not insert pauses etc.

I found that Burnatonce will leave very tiny pauses between tracks.

bode :)

a little bit off topic

hi jamieo, nice to see you here;

i will use this chance to ask you:
Is it possible to implement the Yamaha's F1 "Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording" mode in your BAO? this feature is the last reason for me to use Nero for burning audio CUE sheets;

Greetings from
Duracell

Re: a little bit off topic

Duracell said:
Is it possible to implement the Yamaha's F1 "Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording" mode in your BAO?
Hi Duracell!

If cdrdao supports it then burnatonce can implement it! :)

Some work was recently done to support some custom modes of the plextor writers with cdrdao but I'm not sure about yamaha...

Here are some links to the cdrdao_devel list discussing this feature - maybe you could join the mailing list and give some encouragement? :)

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2370712

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2395904

Jamie

Last edited:
@jamieo RE: BAO gaps

I use Wavelab to split large wav files - concerts etc into separate tracks. I would then add each wav file into Burnatonce. Set Burnatonce to Cdrdao and burn as normal.

I usually check the disc to make sure it is seamless, but found tiny audible blips inbetween the tracks. I re-burnt the same files in feurio and found no problems.

These tiny blips (not 2 sec gaps) occur each time, I've noticed this 3 times.

Perhaps a reinstallation may help?
v0.91 beta

bode:)

Sounds like you're not breaking at sector boundaries.

Better to create a CUE, than to split up a WAV, if you want it truly continuous.

EAC can create a cuesheet, and insert track markers at selected points, but they cannot be visually edited - one of the few things missing.

Nero makes a passable job of it, with "indexes and splits" - dump the topped and tailed track in, and then mark and split it in the layout - WITH visual editing - same for WinOnCD - in fact, the visual track breaking in that is one of the best I've seen! - fortunate, as the auto-splitting is predictably useless, and has no adjustment - fortunately erring on too few, rather than too many!

boundary markers is what are you having probs with!!Check search and find the thread!!!!Feurio and Samplitude can do it,and duracell added that wavelab can do it to--didnt try it though!!!!

for sure Wavelab is able to handle boundary markers;

back to the topic - here is a qouta about exporting CUE sheets from WaveLab:
Rendering a CD image and cue sheet
1. Open the Master Section and click the Render button.

The Rendering Preferences dialog appears.

2. Select the "Whole Montage" option in the Range section and activate the "Create specific file" option.

3. Specify a name and location for the file, and make sure the Wav 16 bit format is selected.

4. Select the "Create CD image and cue-sheet" option in the Options section and activate the "then open as new Audio Montage" option.

5. Click OK.

Now, the whole Montage is rendered to an CD image file, with a corresponding cue sheet. A new Audio Montage is created, which will play back as the original Montage and have all its features (but refer to the ready-processed CD image file instead).
Now you can proceed with burning the CD as described in the help section "Burning an audio CD".

It is also possible to create a Basic Audio CD from the Render dialog.

This will also separate the processing and the CD burning and thus conserve processing power. However, not all Montage features (e.g. Audio in pauses and CD Text) are available in a Basic Audio CD. Therefore, use this for simple audio CDs only.

and many thanks to jamieo; i will promote for my Yamaha a little bit at yor recommended links; just let me get clear-headed, because i come frome my fathers 60's right now;

Greetinghs from
Duracell

dx

bode said:
@jamieo RE: BAO gaps

These tiny blips (not 2 sec gaps) occur each time, I've noticed this 3 times.

Perhaps a reinstallation may help?
v0.91 beta
Jamie asked if I would step in here, as I have some recent experience with concert CDRs.

In the past few days, I have burned several concert disks that came from .shn (shorten) and have no blips like you speak of. Just perfectly connected and seamless audio with track marks. There have been no known complaint of what you describe at the BAO forums with heaps of beta testers and users using the latest build.

So, the first thing I suggest you do is try the latest build of BAO. We are now on version 0.95 and it's not beta. Very stable and it works great. :cool:

bode said:
I use Wavelab to split large wav files - concerts etc into separate tracks. I would then add each wav file into Burnatonce. Set Burnatonce to Cdrdao and burn as normal.
Well this may explain why I cannot reproduce the problem... burnatonce 0.95a has the ability to virtually split a track into many parts itself.

Simply add a large track, right click it and choose "split track" - a dialog will appear in which you must input the track lengths. It will ignore anything that doesn't contain a : so you may cut and paste the results of a freedb.org search and it will filter the track lengths for you.

Please try this way and let me know how it goes. :)

Jamie

I'm downloading BAO 0.95a at the moment so I will give it another try. I was disappointed when I encountered the blip problem because this program is so simple use.

As I said before. Feurio didn't have this gap problem. I will report back later...

@jamieo..I dont understand what could be of use in freedb.org...only commercial releases.

bode