How to copy pc games they never work for me :(

rotherham_lad

with me new xomp i gotta dvd r/w but dont know how to copy games??? i copy them but they wont work can anyone help me puleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome rotherham_lad. :) I see by the title and thats why I moved it you need help with backing up pc games. But you have to tell us how it doesn't work? It could be you just need a no-cd exe or your using the wrong program to BU. But you can start with some of the tuts and then if you have a question ask. :cool:

rotherham_lad

this is make and what i want to back up

its hL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B(1:0) and i want to copy championship manager 03/04 and also want to know of any updates for it and how to install them....thanks in advance :)

Try to use some protection scanner like A-Ray Scanner or ProtectionID and use Alcohol 120% to make a backup.

Seem to recall that that game is protected with securom. No way to do a 1:1 copy with your LG or pretty much any drive other than a Plextor Premium.

rotherham_lad

so basically i cant do it then ? thanks for letting me know i did try it with alcohol 120% but it said timed out trying to authenticate cd

there exists another solution; if you can't play copys of games you really own, you may try your luck with "no CD patches" to bypass the protection checks;
try your luck around the net; i will provide two keywords: "gamecopyworld" and "megagames";
But always be aware of pop ups and self installing dialers when visiting suspect pages! ;)

Greetings from
Duracell

celtic_druid said:
Seem to recall that that game is protected with securom. No way to do a 1:1 copy with your LG or pretty much any drive other than a Plextor Premium.
Plus Blindwrite 5- this seems being the only combination that can do an unpatched newest Securom backup.

scarecrow said:
Plus Blindwrite 5- this seems being the only combination that can do an unpatched newest Securom backup.
No, no, no!

You can make a working back-up copy with most drives. You do not, repeat, do not have to have a plex premium.

See the tute .

Patching the image with twinsectors is no where near the same as doing a copy with a Plextor Premium. The plextor copy should work basically in any drive that the original will run in (exluding ATIP checks). Even heard of Plextor copies running in drives where the original failed.

Twinsector copies on the otherhand won't even install on some drives... Pioneer DVDRom's for example.

The Plextor Premium/BlindWrite combo is as close to a 1:1 copy as you can get.

celtic_druid said:
Twinsector copies on the otherhand won't even install on some drives... Pioneer DVDRom's for example.

The Plextor Premium/BlindWrite combo is as close to a 1:1 copy as you can get.
True enough but not all that relevant and not all that helpful to anyone that doesn't own a plex premium.

Installing is easy from any drive. Either use the original cd or simply make an ordinary copy with nero or whatever and use that to install and the twinpeak patched copy to play (all of which is explained in the tute ).

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against such copies... I made my first twinpeak copies back when you had to manually add the values and compile it yourself. Fortunatly they run fine in my Lite-On DVDRom. Just pointing out that it really is not the same as a Plextor/BlindWrite copy.

Buckmeister

I need help to, I've made a copy of Sim City in clone CD but when I try to play it the computer just freezes. I've installed virtual drive but don't know what to do with it>

Buckmeister said:
I need help to, I've made a copy of Sim City in clone CD but when I try to play it the computer just freezes. I've installed virtual drive but don't know what to do with it>
Are you referring to the original Sim City or a later version?

What burner/s have you got and have you got an ordinary cd/dvd rom on your system?

Finally, uninstall your old version of CloneCD and install the latest version which doesn't have a virtual drive component. The CloneCD virtual drive from v. 4.2.0.2 will only cause you problems since it's blacklisted by most recent games.

hi i have made a back up of gangland with the latest version of clone cd and it want work. please can you help. oh yeah what is the best software for backing up pc games thanx :confused: :confused:

Hi 4852, Welcome to our forum! :)

oh yeah what is the best software for backing up pc games thanx :confused: :confused:
Blindwrite or Alcohol 120%;
please have a look at our tutorials: http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=142&page=1&pp=25&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

--------------------------------
we would be glad, if you like to introduce yourself here: http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

and please read our forum rules : http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

also try the forum's search function: http://www.dvdrbase.com/search.php?
--------------------------------​
Greetings from
Duracell

steve32c

Twinpeaks

celtic_druid said:
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against such copies... I made my first twinpeak copies back when you had to manually add the values and compile it yourself. Fortunatly they run fine in my Lite-On DVDRom. Just pointing out that it really is not the same as a Plextor/BlindWrite copy.
could some one please explain the "twinpeaks" part and how to create them or which software to use