How to burn my finished dvd stripper files

Burn

Hi everyone, I’m new to all this and I’ve just bought DVD stripper. I’ve finished editing my DVD and I’m ready to burn it. But what I’m not sure on is what to do now. I copied the files and then pasted them to my blank DVD/rw but when I played it, in the DVD player it says no disc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. :)

Laz

Firstly you will need to probably transcode the film processed by DVD Stripper to get the file size down to fit on a DVDR.

Then you will need to use DVD burn software such as Stomp RNM or Nero etc to burn the files to disc.

Moving to the DVD Stripper forum for you...........

Burn

Thanks I’ll go give it ago :D I’ve been trying to backup Santa Clause 2 which is over 9 GB. I’d already used DVD stripper to cut the bits out I didn’t want and that got it down to 5.3 Gb so I used DVD shrink and that got it down to 4.3 GB not bad I thought. Anyway once again thanks for the help.

Burdzy

Hey Burn, When you say you "Copied the files to the disc", did you copy the folders of the files? In order for it to be a "movie DVD", you have to have on your disc a VIDEO_TS and to be on the safe side, an AUDIO_TS folder (Cap's is necessary for highest rate of compatibility) All of the .vob, .ifo, and .bup files that DVDShrink made should be placed in the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS Folder is empty. If you want to have a screen-saver for your DVD player when the Disc is in stop mode, then you can also add a JACKET_TS folder that you can place .mp2 images in (But that a whole different topic), but this folder isn't needed. If I am not mistaken (I am at work so I don't have acces to any of the programs), when DVDShrink finishes it doesn't automatically create the VIDEO_TS folder for you. When a DVD plays, it looks to the VIDEO_TS folder for the files, and if that folder doesn't exist, it will give you that error message. Hope that helps you!
-Burdzy

jaapf

If you've got Nero Burning Rom installed on your PC you might like to use the freeware program "ImgTool Burn". Simply point to the directory containing your VOB, VTS, IFO en BUP filles and ImgTool Burn will do the rest.

It uses the Nero API, so you have to have that.

You can download the latest version at http://www.coujo.de/