How Safe Is It To...

The norton protected files are those files that your OS deletes/overwrites during it's normal course of running and/or during installing/removing of programs, or when clearing temp. internet files or histories. Clearing these files should be no problem unless you should want to recover them for some reason....

You can adjust all of the Norton Protection settings for your Trash by right clicking on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop. Choose properties, then you will see the Norton Protection tab.

I set the files to auto purge after 2 days...and I also re-set the amount of space that Norton can use for each drive to 1%. With the large drives today, 1% of 80Gigs is 800MB...more than Norton could ever need (IMO). This is basically a disaster or OOPS! recovery tool for not only you, but the system as well.

I have found that if you do not purge the protected files for extended periods, that it can cause your system to act a little constipated:D Empty them out regularly, just like deleting cookies and all that other temporary garbage.

later...:D