How do you keep trace.....

of all stuff you've already burned?
I mean,how often does it happen that you burn a file twice or more because you forgot you already have it on media?
If you're an organised person,you create folders with the files you want to burn ,load them in your burning program pane and afterwards you catalog them.....for me,it's the easiest solution .....
But what do you do to keep trace when you're not so organised and you burn files that are all over your harddisk,at different locations and you select them directly in your burning program's window?
My brother asked me,and I couldn't answer.....I could only suggest him to do it my way in the future,but I didn't have a solution for his initial question... :confused:

Every once in a while i will make a folder of contents to be burned or just fill the MY DOCS folder ........i just move everything i can to this folder i want to burn, fill it up to approx media size ......then i list the contents with a folder/folder lister then save a text copy of it in a folder called contents adding this to the folder to burn .... i burn the folder to dvd or cdr and at the same time print the list out then write a number on the disk and paper with the date done then i put the list in the clear plastic sleeve or dvd box along with the disk ....so there is a visual reference to whats on the disk :)

then just delete the folder entire contents thats been burned (note if this is *my docs* dont delete any shared stuff you have in there :) )

sure seems like a bit of messing about but it works for me :)

dx

I have an old hard drive just for this purpose. I rip, shrink, edit, unRAR, and burn from this drive... each in its own unique directory. After burning I confirm the disc's integrity by running a disk utility then installing or playing it. Then when I'm satisfied, I simply delete the old directory. I have yet to burn anything twice with this method. ;)

I used to use SuperCat to rem what i had on cd's, but i found an even better prog called Where Is It, it got lots more features, but isnt free :)

BaNzI :D