how can i copy a ps2 game so that i DO NOT need a mod chip or anything else

i have bloody roar 3 which is on a normal cd i wanna make a 1:1 copy of the game i think i will use use blindwrite suite (newest version )

what options for reading in blindread an for buring in blindwrite i will have to mark

an will the game the work on the ps2 withuot mod chip and gameshark or anything else ( my ps2 is so as it was as i bought it )

or is there another program i can use to make a perfect copy of ps2 games

i have a lite on 122 ltd

and a mitsumi 4802 te until now i could easily copy every game with blindwrite suite

S

Shoebedobedoo

Can't be done without a mod chip. Best program to make perfect backups for cd protection is CloneCD:D Yes, PSX games do have copy protection on them.

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

you CAN play copied games on an unmodded ps2 no matter what anyone may want you to think, however wether you would want to do it is another matter altogether.

Read this site, they are trying to sell you something that you could make yourself in a few minutes, i'm sure you can work out the shapes and if you watch the how it works video i'm sure you can work out the scale.

htp://homepage.ntlworld.com/checkmate/

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS WAY LEADS TO A DEAD PS2, BUT IT DOES WORK. Sorry to disagree with long established members, but everyone says "it cant be done" the truth is "it shouldnt be done" but this method was around even before neo technologies invented the ps2 modchip.

hey ABCMan, now i remember where i saw your name at! I still pass by Rapt0rs place from time to time. ;)

sigh yeah dont even bother looking at that site. its filled with crap that you can make yourself. i still consider this a hardware mod as you still have to remove the face of your ps2. there are also some downfalls to this:

1- you need a gameshark/action replay,dvd regionx, codebreaker/xploder to boot games
2- it requires swaping discs
2- you still have a table of contents factor to deal with. if the game is over the TOC of the bootdisc then it will not run.
3- many people have reported breaking the white pin that you push around under the tray using this swap.

either way i have attached a simple diagram you can print out and trace over a credit card and make exactly what this lame site is selling. i say your still better off buying a modchip.

Last edited:
XxR0ckMAnxX said:
hey ABCMan, now i remember where i saw your name at! I still pass by Rapt0rs place from time to time. ;)

sigh yeah dont even bother looking at that site. its filled with crap that you can make yourself. i still consider this a hardware mod as you still have to remove the face of your ps2. there are also some downfalls to this:

1- you need a gameshark/action replay,dvd regionx, codebreaker/xploder to boot games
2- it requires swaping discs
2- you still have a table of contents factor to deal with. if the game is over the TOC of the bootdisc then it will not run.
3- many people have reported breaking the white pin that you push around under the tray using this swap.

either way i have attached a simple diagram you can print out and trace over a credit card and make exactly what this lame site is selling. i say your still better off buying a modchip.

Yep, remember you from there too, still trying to place amstrad off here though, he knows me from somewhere too, i recommended him to visit that site so he could see what to do and how it worked, i also warned that it leads to a dead ps2, didnt think i could have been clearer. yes it works, but its not worth it, just get a chip its far easier in the long run, if you dont mind swapping discs then just download the neo2.2 hex files i posted on here and either blow a chip yourself or get a mate to blow one for you (fitting diags included)

ABCMan

Back to the original question. Yes you can but as ABCman and XxR0ckMAnxX say it's bad m'ky. I personaly wouldn't stick a knife or anything into my PS2 whilst it's running. So what are your options? Get your console chipped. What chip? Well thats upto you. You can go for the messiah or magic or neo for non swap, but they'll cost you. If you want cheaper, swap disc chips they work fine too. As for copying, CloneCD is my prefered method. If you want the settings they are here somewhere in the forum, but personaly I use clonyXXL. It kicks ass. If you want to copy EA games then you'll need crdwin as well.
Good luck, it doesn't take long to master but enjoy the coasters.