Home DivX player? What about this...?

After reading ALL the reviews on this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=50683
At this price I finally decided to take the plunge and dive in.Cheapest Home DIV-X player I`ve seen.Nicer looking player than the somewhat ugly Liteon 2001/2002 and the even uglier looking Kiss-and cheaper.It`ll arrive in the next couple of days.I`ve downloaded the patch and I`m gonna patch it when it arrives.Anyone else got one of these? If so,how have you found it?
I also found out more here:
http://dvx-6100.xtre.me.uk/
I`ll try it-if it doesn`t work out I can always return it... :)

Last edited:
LTR12101B said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000B0A4H/ref=sr_aps_electronics_1_1/202-6026234-1591047

£89.99 - but with free "supersaver" delivery, and without the somewhat questionable customer service record of EBUYER.

Not sure if there's any current Amazon discount vouchers/codes around at the moment - at least not any that are not reward offers in themselves.
Yeah,LTR-it`s only AFTER I ordered it from EBuyer that I saw amazon`s deal-same old story-typical :D
I`ve been dealing with Ebuyer (amongst others) for some time now-Never had any problems :confused:

Last edited:
I Have a YAMADA 2100 dvd player already and this looks damn good for the price :) i paid almost the same for my 2100 about a year ago and so far ive not had a single problem :)

You will be pleased with the YAMADA ...PLEXTORMAN :)

It will even play plain mpg video files without conversion to vcd/svcd :)

Let us know how ya get on with the divx playback ... lol whooooot no more messing with nasty incompatible CODEC'S on yer puter lol :)

VIPER_1069 said:
I Have a YAMADA 2100 dvd player already and this looks damn good for the price :) i paid almost the same for my 2100 about a year ago and so far ive not had a single problem :)

You will be pleased with the YAMADA ...PLEXTORMAN :)

It will even play plain mpg video files without conversion to vcd/svcd :)

Let us know how ya get on with the divx playback ... lol whooooot no more messing with nasty incompatible CODEC'S on yer puter lol :)
Yeah,UMAX (aka YAMADA?) make decent quality items at cheap prices.I bought a flatbed scanner a while ago-I never noticed on the box it said 95/98/98SE/2000 Compatible.No XP mentioned! Installed without a hitch-the software drivers became 'compatible' when my machine was "Windows Updated" to the hilt though......other than that-a bargain!

I like your confidence in this product VIPER,and you've given me confidence in it too!I was lookin` for a cheaper alternative to the 'ugly brothers' Liteon and Kiss.Almost any burners and drives have a standard uniform look in a PC,but something like a VCR,TV,audio stack system etc has got to look like a part of the furniture,to me anyway.. :) BTW,Dunno about the Kiss-but unlike the Liteon,the YAMADA,whilst having most of the other types of Audio/Video connections,(who wants to pay extra just for a card reader,anyway..?) has even got a scart socket! (WOW! :D ;) )

Last edited:
Just received the Yamada/Umax this morning.I 'flashed' it shortly afterwards..(using the new Nero 6.0.0.23 update...quick...easy..no probs...this latest 6.0.0.23 looks to be the best N6 build so far..Now it`s finally startin` to perform more like the "5.x").. Changes in this latest flash-dated 18th October 2003:"Improves MPEG4 Playback"-"Zoom function for AVI"-"MP3 FF/RW"-"JPEG fix"-"Standby fix"-and "Display fix (AVI)".... Damn!-this looks a bargain at the price.Multi-region,NTSC,PAL-no codes to input...one button on the remote does it all ("P/N"),and not mentioned in the manual..I found it just by playing around with the remote..Comes with the standard cables,but no scart to scart cable as standard..But EBuyer slipped one in the box for free! Nice one EBuyer! Just tried it with Scart out to Tv Scart in,with 2 channel RCA phono out to amplifier phono in on the old audio stack system..but loads more alternative A/V options..Better on a 28 inch Widescreen TV than ANY PC monitor...! Sounds good,looks good,good sharp playback,quick and responsive,and cheaper than the competition...Not tried it with any Divx,MPEG-4 or XVid stuff yet.I will soon, and this`ll play `em!...watch this space... :D

Last edited:
NICE ONE "plextorman" ;) btw with my UMAX 2100 i got a SCART lead also so maby we are getting something for nothing as part of YAMADA'S bargain hardware :D

yup straight outta the box "ALL REGION" :) just remember to change it back after playing with the P/N button as i found out changing a PAL disk to NTSC it came out in black and white when recorded to PAL VCR doh!!!! :( lol :)

manual states REGION 2 ....BUT its ALL regions outta the box :):):)

have a play with a disk full of jpegs and the T.E. (transition effect) button :)

you can zoom images in and out and the same with dvd/vcd etc playback :)

VANILLA plain MPG playback NO CONVERSION too :)

great thang about the JPG playback is that plain jpgs on a data CD is unlimited jpgs... only limit is time and effort to make one lol ...where as other players have to have a NERO/kodak picture disk format which unfortunately limits to i think 99 pictures bleh :(

im glad you like it anyhow bud have a mess about with the divx and let us know i may just have to purchase another YAMADA lol :)

Yeah,nice one-VIPER.At the moment I`m just findin` all the "easter eggs" on a R2 "Austin Powers-The Spy Who Shagged Me".(In my opinion-the best of the 3..) Just found a good one :) ..BTW,In the manual,it mentions our old friend "Macrovision".Have you discovered any "hack" or yet another hidden feature to make it Macro-free,or will we just have to live with this?

Last edited:
not sure for your model bud :( i havent found one for mine as yet but im not that fussed as i do not do much recording to vcr lol ;)

oh well its a tiny thang to suffer with what other than that is a good player :)

LTR12101B said:
A while back, I saw a "sync stabilizer" on sale in M***** - these have other uses ;)
:D I know exactly what you mean,LTR ;) M****(n`s ? ;) ) current model they`re pushing at the moment has the 'classic' RCA phono input/output-the previous one was (unusually) SCART I/O... ;)

Last edited: