Hi guyz, I`m back!

Hi y`all!! Just been globetrotting in March.It was like one long rollercoaster ride! And some sort of dream that I was convinced I`d wake up from.First I spent three days in Prestatyn,Wales.The week after that I spent 8 days in Los Angeles and Las Vegas (flying from Manchester via O`Hare Airport Chicago) And then the highlight of the tour-Skegness!
;)
Nearly got arrested twice for smoking in public places by the cops,first in Chicago airport-then on Los Angeles Metro Underground.When they heard my accent (which they love to hear..) they just sent me on my way with a slapped wrist! If I`d have been a local,I`d have been slapped with a $250 fine plus 48 hours community service!Also bought some great cheap stuff from the Latino area in LA-they don`t price their stuff up in the shop windows-they want you to come into the shop and negotiate! Went to Universal Studios,Long Beach,Hollywood..and then Las Vegas where I won $125 on the roulette wheels in the MGM Grand Hotel.In Nevada they don`t give a s**t if you`re smoking-so long as you`re handing over the money.We decided eight days ain`t enough over there so we`re going back asap! God Bless America!! :D :D :D :cool:

Last edited:
Thanx guyz-glad to be back!!!! A few problems though:
1. just got engaged to be married to a girl from Chesterfield :eek:
2. Her son`s DVD-RAM drive in his laptop suddenly stopped reading and writing
CD-R and CD-RW.Still reads and writes DVD`s though...Hmmm..very strange..needs looking into... :confused:
I knew you`d be the guyz to ask (about the engagement that is) :p :p :D :D :D :D :D

Duracell be good!!!! :D
Well I'm glad to hear you liked the states. :)
The worst thing about the DVD-RAM drive it might be shot. Try looking for spyware, reinstall software, reinstall ASPI's. Try reinstalling OS.
Try cleaning the drive. But if the drive is like 3 years old I would say just try a new one.:eek: Good luck.

Hi Plextorman, happy to meet you.
I only spent $10.00 the last time I was in Vegas.
And you're right about the smoke police in the States. Pretty soon anyone left smoking will be corraled up on one corner, and probably stoned to death. Fayetteville just passed a no smoking in any public place law, and now they are going to try to get one that will fine you if you throw the butt out the car window. I feel like I have to sneak into my own bathroom to light up!

PC-GUY said:
Duracell be good!!!! :D
Well I'm glad to hear you liked the states. :)
The worst thing about the DVD-RAM drive it might be shot. Try looking for spyware, reinstall software, reinstall ASPI's. Try reinstalling OS.
Try cleaning the drive. But if the drive is like 3 years old I would say just try a new one.:eek: Good luck.
Being somewhat of a minor veteran of this hallowed site,I`ve searched every post to try and help my future stepson on this matter..He already uses Spybot SAD,Avast Pro..etc.I even used ForceASPI.Uninstalled every burning app he has on his laptop.Turned off XP/Roxio`s questionable burning feature first before I did anything.Won`t even read or write CD-R CD-RW or even DVD-RW.Burns and reads DVD-R DVD+R a treat with no errors..Hmmm...Contacted Packard Bell on his behalf-still no answer..Seems to me this drive doesn`t seem to be focussing correctly and needs replacing...Anyone know of a cheap internal laptop burner to go for? Nice little P4 laptop with GF4 graphics though..seems a shame..the lad`s unhappy..likes burning his music onto CD but he can`t do it now...He`s still backing up his DVD`s though-the way WE showed him--DVD Decrypter>DVDShrink>Burnatonce! Hehehe :)

Last edited:
janiedriver said:
Hi Plextorman, happy to meet you.
I only spent $10.00 the last time I was in Vegas.
And you're right about the smoke police in the States. Pretty soon anyone left smoking will be corraled up on one corner, and probably stoned to death. Fayetteville just passed a no smoking in any public place law, and now they are going to try to get one that will fine you if you throw the butt out the car window. I feel like I have to sneak into my own bathroom to light up!
Hi Janie! Yeah,Nevada was like a breath of fresh (? :D hehe) air..As I say nobody cared a flying **** if you were smoking or not! So long as you were handing over the money and contributing to the entertainment capital of the world..!
Having said that though,we can`t wait to go back..I`ve been on holiday(vacation?) to Spain,France,Germany,Greece,Italy and North Africa in the past but nothing beats the USA..! The only real expense is the flight over there.The price of everything over there is superb.The service is superb.The people are friendly-you can talk to ANYONE in the street and strike up a long conversation-It was like a dream-I`d only seen these locations in movies and on TV.I just stood on 7th St in LA and looked around at the hustle and bustle of a typical day..Amazing-I just couldn`t believe it-it was almost like being in a movie myself.. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the link Duracell,but yes,I have seen this post before.The laptop drive burns DVD+R DVD-R perfectly...But strangely it will NOT read or write CD-R,CD-RW or DVD-RW!! It`s as clean as a whistle..IMAPI disabled..ASPI (4.60 of course..what else? :) ) fully functional..Went to Packard Bell and complained to them as it`s still under warranty..no answer yet,but I`m gonna keep at `em until they finally do something about it...`
The laptop is a PACKARD BELL EASYNOTE K5285