Hey, they put my anecdotal review of DOOM up at Firingsquad.

Thanks janie!

I know it's sad, but I sweated for hours to get that darn thing right and under 500 words (the contest limit) -- all for a mouse-pad and the glory of online publication. Yes, the urge to get a widdle review published is indeed a surrogate for something else I'm having trouble getting finished. The thesis advisor would be thrilled if I was as intent on getting the other thing finished. :(

Garsh, yur makin' me blesh. . .

Thanks for the encouragement, Janie. Have a nice Friday in Arizona (I'm putting the thesis to bed and heading off to the pub here in Dublin).

Actually, it's Arkansas. I know, too many abreviations. More mountains and rivers here than Arizona, and WAY better weather!

Hey Janie, I'm from Alabama originally. I'm glad to know you're enjoying the weather this March. It's mostly pretty wet and dingy around here all winter and spring.

There was snow 1 time since I moved here in November. But the way they report it, 3 or 4 flakes piled up is a snow drift. 25 degrees is "bone chilling cold". Being originally from Buffalo, land of the perpetual blizzard, they don't know bone chilling! If there is a number above zero it contains heat!!! Where are you now?

dx

janiedriver said:
25 degrees is "bone chilling cold". Being originally from Buffalo, land of the perpetual blizzard, they don't know bone chilling! If there is a number above zero it contains heat!!!

And here I am in California, suffering in the 68F (20C) degree weather. Brrrrrrr!

Just thought I'd share. :p

I can share too, I live in Arkansas now, land of tornado warnings. But 70 degrees today was nice! I lived in San Jose for awhile, havn't been back since.