hey im new and i have a pc hardware issue im hoping someone can help me solve

khaostrophy

my liteon dvd-rom ltd 163d drive wont show in my computer's list of drives anymore it used too but now its showing error messages when i try to make it show the machine is detecting it in the sytem/ hardware thingy in the control panel but it has that yellow triangle with the "!" mark in it it says its enabled and it says that it cant find a better driver then the one i allready have installed here is a copy and paste of the error message it reads as follows below...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
this may happen if the disk is a 1394 or a USB device on a windows 2000 machine...

what the hell does that mean?

im not even running windows 2000 im running windows xp sp3 with all its updates current and i also tried going to the liteon corporations download site to get the driver and or firmware and none of it was helpfull

can anybody tell me what the heck is going on or does anyone know a sollution to this issue its makeiing me crazyyyyy?

thank you i will be desperatly awaiting a message from the computer gods
rick aka-khaostrophy

It seems to be a problem related to CDRW filter drivers. Create and apply the following reg file to fix that.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"LowerFilters"=-
"UpperFilters"=-
Or simply uninstall what you installed to cause that problem.

Greetings from
Duracell